10/13/2007

Unexpected Sunshine


I thought this weekend was going ot be rainy and windy and cold...yesterday was... but today I woke up and the sun was shining. I did go up to Sara's house last night and hung with the crew. We had a good time. I did end up driving home because I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I had plans to meet up with another friend today, for lunch. On my way there I took al ittle detour and saw the covered bridge that is pictured above. I did some research and it was built in 1864 and rebuilt in the 1970s after some vandalism. IT was cool to see. I had driven by the road it is on several times, ahd seen the sign, but had not seen it until today. It was nice.

I then had lunch with a friend and then wandered around my town for a while. I wanted to spend some time outside. It was hard walking around today. My knee hurts...has hurt since PT on Thursday night. But I am trying to keep moving to see if that helps. Oh well.

There is something interesting going on in this area this weekend....a "Tall Weekend"... members of tall clubs have gathered here for a New England weekend. There are some events going on...and I am debating about whether or not a native Mainer should crash one of their events. Maybe....maybe not. It may be fun... but it also may be strange and awkward...and it costs $25. But...it would be an adventure. We'll see... I am meeting up with some friends for part of the evening...and after, if I feel like it, maybe I will swing by.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place