10/02/2007

A Lighter note...

My blog yesterday was a little heavy. I know people understand how I am feeling... and a special thanks to Jill... your words were very comforting to me...and while it isn't easy, it is nice to know other people understand... I can't imagine having kids which you are so proud of...and no having the people you love most share that with you... Thanks for sharing that Jill. Mom... what can I say... I love ya...

Anyway... on a lighter note.. today was a good day... My knee felt pretty good... and I walked around a little without crutches. Also... I had created something for my students and shared it with my principal... he asked if he could copy it for our entire staff to use with all of our kids. So that's cool.

I have learned that one of my co-workers uses my life to entertain her family...so far she has shared with them my shallow dating pool saga...which apparently got a lot of laughs...but also had her husband saying...we gotta find a good guy for her.... She has also shared my moth fear with them...yes people I am afraid of moths...last summer...like over a year ago..last summer... she found a moth carcass on her deck... and what did she think about? ME... so she put the thing in a ziplock baggy and once school started, that sucker ended up on my desk... NO THANKS... she said she was trying to desensitize me to it....some kind of MOTHerapy the other day this fear entered my classroom...which by the way, is right next to her classroom...I was telling her that recently there was a show on television about cryptozoology...if you don't know what that is... google it.... So one of the segments was about "Mothman"...in West Virginia... so she was laughing at me... anyway she showed my students the moth...which is still in a ziplock bag...which is kept tacked to her bulletin board... sick, right? So...in front of my students she asked about the origin of this fear...and I told her about it... she was laughing sooo hard...so she told her family about it... Apparently she used to share kid stories about her days... now...she shares stories about me...so today's story... is about my new fear... amoebas in the brain... I am NOT kidding...and Yes... I realize how crazy this makes me seem...

Seriously people... amoebas in your brain is bad... I heard about it on the radio today and was mortified... amoebas can go up your nose, into your brain...and eats your brain... you get a stiff neck, headaches,and fevers...and eventually have hallucinations...then... your dead... this can happen from swimming, crazy, right?
Check out this article: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/333663_amoeba29.html?source=mypi
I'm serious...cut and paste that link into your browser... or google amoeba in brain...and click on the 5th or 6th one down that is dated Sept.29, 2007. Needless to say... I never want to swim again!!! It's like a science fiction movie... you may say, "well... that happens so infrequently I shouldn't worry"... HELLO people... PVNS... 1 in a million....I got that.... so my odds...not so good...

So... My co-workers evening will be spent sharing my new fear with her family... though I did give her a copy of the article to prove I wasn't making it up... who could make that up? I couldn't even do that... Geesh... my 7th grade science teacher..Ms. Anderson I think was her name...risked my life... I remember we walked to a pond to collect some water that we were going to look at through a microscope...and guess what we found... Amoebas... yeah that's right... danger!!!

Insane??? Maybe...So... folks...now you know what I think about when I am not being all sentimental... which do you prefer??

Enjoy your evenings....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place