10/11/2007

Chocolate Thursday???

Thursday is probably my favorite night of the week...except for Friday and Saturday. One reason I love Thursdays is because of two of my favorite TV shows... Survivor...and Grey's Anatomy... I love coming home on a Thursday night, knowing that there is only one day left before the weekend. And in my classroom, Fridays are fun...so it is a day I look forward to. So Thursday night I really unwind and relax. So where does the chocolate come in? As you know I have been eating healthy and getting back into the gym. I am feeling great. However, I have noticed that I have been craving something sweet for the last couple of nights. So I thought to myself... Self, what can we do to stop this? And Self answered me... Well Self...you are pretty determined to be healthy...and you do have that "won't power" ...most of the time... so what about having something sweet around...

something that is individually packaged...something that you like a lot, but don't LOVE...
So... I thought about that. I remembered that a while ago I did this thing where I would buy a Hershey bar and when I really felt like I needed something sweet or I was going to eat everything else in sight... I ate one square of the Hershey bar...well...one rectangle. I made that one rectangle last for a long time...by letting small pieces of that rectangle the chocolate dissolve in my mouth...mmmmmmmm... So I wondered if I could combine my
love of chocolate with my love of Thursdays... so today I bought some chocolates...they come individually wrapped. I bought the dark chocolate because I am actually not a huge fan of dark chocolate, but it does meet that craving.
And I thought I would eat less of something I didn't love as much. Just for the record...3 pieces of this chocolate is considered a serving...180 calories in 3...13 g of fat...19 carbs and 3 g of fiber. So...if I eat one... that would be....
60 calories...4 1/3 g of fat about 6 carbs...and 1 g of fiber... so I rationalized that I could do that...once a week... eat one square of chocolate. as I watch my favorite tv shows. To make myself feel fancy about having some dark chocolate

I got out one of my little dessert plates given to my by my grandmother...and put the square on it. And decided to cut it into pieces so I can spread out my enjoyment throughout the evening of tv...eat one piece at a time... and let it dissolve... so I decided to do just that...[notice that beautiful showtime knife??? Good product placement or what?]...so I cut the square into eight little pieces. My shows haven't started yet, but... I had to sample it...and... it does meet the sweet craving, but honestly, that will be enough for me throughout the evening...and once a week... I think is ok. Do I need the chocolate? No... but will it help me eat less of other things? Yes...So will I allow myself to have chocolate Thursday... Yes Indeedy!
There were other good parts of my day today besides the piece of chocolate I have eaten already...(7 more for when tv starts at 8:00!!!) I went to work today without crutches... without a crutch... CRUTCHLESS day #1... Yahooooooooooooooo... I did get tired, but that is ok. I was a little sore after the workout at the gym yesterday, but it feels good. I had PT tonight and added a couple of more exercises... and I had to do those lunges...that I hate... my knee gives out on me a few times when I do those, but it's ok...the lunges will supposedly help that.

Tomorrow I am going to go to the gym again.. with Sara... she called today and was feeling good about working out yesterday and wants to go again tomorrow. I am excited about her wanting to go. After that we are going to go to her house, meet up with Melissa and Tobes for a girls night... well girls night plus one baby boy....while Phil and Matt are at football. The guys will probably crash the girls night towards the end of the night, but that's fine. Together the ladies are going to cook a healthy diner and just enjoy life!!! So my blog may not continue until Saturday... chances are I will crash at their house tomorrow night.

I hope you all had a great week... healthy...do something for yourselves this weekend... health related... doesn't have to be eating healthy or exercising... it could be, but it could also be doing something like taking some time to read a book...listening to your favorite music...painting... taking a hot bath... just take care of yourselves...and your spirit...

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Great chatting with you on the phone today...we need to do that more often! Also, love the chocolate blog entry...even at 1200 calories (I know you wince when I say that), I still have chocolate now and then. Take care! =o)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place