10/23/2007

two days...Two Days...TWO DAYS!!!

Two days in a row of my knee feeling GREAT. Not just good... but I'm talking the best it has felt in... well....I can't remember how long... People at work today told me I wasn't limping at all today. (I think I was limping a little, but I'll take it!) I had PT this afternoon and my therapist, the one with whom I cried last week, took it easy on me. I did a little more than I did last week, but not the lunges ans squats. I hope tomorrow I still feel great... I have PT again on Thursday and was promised that it won't be as easy as it was today... But I can handle it.

Having 2 days in a row of feeling so great...makes me think that maybe there will be three great days in a row..then maybe four... and I think that I can realize that even if I have a bad day...or a few bad days... there are better days ahead...and I smile when I think about that. That word "normal" keeps creeping in my mind... is it possible?

On a similar note... my visit with mom on Friday... She thought about it and realized that Friday's visit was the first visit in a long time that did not involve a hospital...or a looming surgery... It was nice to realize that...and I look forward to more visits like that.

I have hope.

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

We are soooo happy that your knee is feeling GREAT! All of the hard work at PT and at home has paid off. We are making an offer to buy the house on Saturday...we'll have a place for you to stay when you come to Cali. =o) Miss you!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place