10/15/2007

Monday Monday....

so my day started out with a meeting...that lasted about an hour and a half. It was about one of my students, reviewing his progress and then planning what his new goals will be. I worked a lot on this plan over the weekend and also designed an informational brochure about this student's particular disability. I wanted to make it to help me understand more about the disability, but also to have something in his file for his future teachers to read and use as a resource. (I hope!) The meeting was tiring, because I had to chair it, and make changes to the paperwork based on the discussion, and to keep things moving, which was hard in this situation because the parents really enjoy talking. Usually I get a little frustrated if things don't move at a faster pace, but today I was impressed with the knowledge these parents had about their student. I don't always get that. The student was also at the meeting and did a great job at articulating things that would help while at school. In some ways the meeting inspired me to create more tools for this student and I could not wait to get started. But I also needed to get back to my classes...edit the paperwork, type up the form that acts as the minutes to the meeting....so I felt like I was trying to catch up with myself all day... that I did not have enough hands to do all I needed to do... but I will say that I got a lot done... or at least I think I did...somehow. It was hard to leave work today because I wanted to do more...but I knew I needed to leave. My knee was quite painful again today... so I did not go to the gym... I figured since it bothered me all weekend, I should wait to go again until after I go back to PT and see if they can do something to alleviate the pain. They will probably cause more pain, but... I can hope that maybe they will take it easy.... fingers crossed.

The BEST part of my day was meeting up with one of my friends and her son for dinner. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing and I was so happy to see her. Her son, 3 and a half, is so well behaved - and smart... definitely categorized as a cutie pa tootie...to borrow a term from Rosie O. She and her hubby are awaiting the completion of their new house. I saw some pics and it is a gorgeous place... I can only imagine when they get moved in...how great it will look. My friend has a great way of decorating a place to be elegant, comfortable, and a little country all at the same time. Thanks for calling me for dinner Girl!!! We will do it again!!



Picture above from site http://experiencepr.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/busy-lady.jpg

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

You must really be a great teacher. Your kids are lucky to have someone so dedicated. I hope your knee is feeling better today. Take care!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place