10/07/2007

The Day After...

So today is the day after my first day back at the gym. I was very concerned that I would be in a lot of pain today...even though I had taken some alleve last night. I had a great night's sleep last night...not sure why...but maybe because I used some energy and my body was ready for rest. THe problem being... I slept very late today... very late. Typically I look at the clock as soon as I wake up. TOday I woke up a few times, repositioned myself, and went back to sleep...without lookig at the clock. So what time did I get my bodacious booty out of bed? Ummmm.... I know dad is going to shake his head...... 10:52 a.m....... I got up and was surprised that I did not feel as stiff as I had anticipated. I was stiff, but not to the point where I needed a crutch. I walked around for a few minutes and thought.... hmph....interesting. So I sat and had breakfast....some yogurt with berries and some bran cereal....which is delicious. Then something bizarre happened... I was motivated to clean... I thought about how I can now go to the gym....I have been doing pretty well eating healthy...but that my kitchen space was disasterous...with very little room to do the cooking I enjoy... so I cleaned and got thinsg set up so I can use the space for what it is intended for... prepareing healthy food for me. I now have space where I can use my amazing showtime knives.... (One of my purchases made while couchbound prior to surgery....and I was a sucker for the infomercial... but I LOVE those knoves....) chop chop chop... love it! I also cleaned the living room and dining room... I will tackle my art room soon...because I think I need to do some painting too. I walked around my apartment today, while listning and dancing to Dave Mathews Band and O.A.R. ... I can't clean without music. Later in the day my knee was pretty stiff and sore, so I decided I needed to sit and relax and ice my knee. Aftr doing so I felt better and decided to go to the store to pick up a few things. I actually considered not taking my crutch...but...took it just in case. I think my crutch has become a bit of a psychological crutch as well. I am a little nervous about having to turn quickly or to have kids run into me and not being able to move out of the way... the crutch is a bit of a buffer for me...keeps people conscious of needing to be careful....

Oh well... Tomorrow I am heading back to the gym.. I am taking my friend Sara with me. She has also had an unused gym membership for some time... maybe we can keep each other going... I know I am going to keep going...

I got an email from someone I adore...who said yesterday's blog inspired her to start her healthy habits again... I feel humbled by that...

GOod night Blog Buddies!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place