8/15/2007

What's up Doc

Today was another day of accomplishments...and another day of exhaustion. My friend Sheila came over today and we went shopping...first to a store that has housewares. We just walked around a little. We then went to the Olive Garden for lunch....Sheila treated me, saying it was my first trip to a restaurant since surgery - thanks Sheila. Then we went to the grocery store. I put my crutches in a grocery cart and pushed it around...leaning on it as needed. I wanted to have someone with me because I was afraid my endurance would not hold up... It did...barely. I made it through the whole store, but I was tired. As soon as we got home I had to sit and rest. Thank goodness for Sheila. She carried in all of my groceries and put most of them away for me. It was nice to be able to go to the grocery store...thank you Sheila...thank you!!! (I did have to take a nap this afternoon...geesh...I thought I was past napping in this process.)

Today the nurse came and looked at my posterior incision...and she was not happy... well she says it looks good overall...but there are three small places that are not closing...she thinks that there are a few stitches that have not dissolved and my body is trying to get them out. As a result, tomorrow I am off to the doctor...one here, not going to Boston...I am a little nervous because I am not sure how much 'digging' he will have to do to get the stitches out...and it grosses me out a little. I also don't want him to have to open other parts of the incision that have healed in order to gain access to the embedded stiches. I am afraid it is going to hurt...it doesn't sound pleasant... the nurse says it won't be bad...but it's not her leg. She covered the three areas with gauze saying that she wants to make sure nothing gets in there...I will let ya all know how it goes tomorrow. After the doctor's appt. I am supposed to have physical therapy... if the doctor's appt. is painful... I am going to cancel PT and try to reschedule it for Friday if I can. We'll see.

That's all for tonight as my energy level is...low... but thank you to all who have posted comments and emailed me. You help me keep going...

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully this is just a small "bump" in your road to recovery. I'll be thinking about you. =o)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place