8/11/2007

New Scar Pics

Hey Y'all. Thanks Deb and Jill for the compliments on my red red toes! They look good!!! I am so glad I went out yesterday, but let me tell you... I was TIRED today. After I got home from the movies last night I laid down and could feel my body being exhausted...all of my body...and after blogging last night everything started to feel stiff. I got up and walked around a little because I thought it would help. It did...a little. I did sleep well last night...don't think I moved much, but was very stiff this morning. When I first got up I thought I may have to regress into using the walker instead of the crutches, but I fought through it and did ok. I spent most of today on my couch..using the CPM machine. (I moved it out there so I can watch tv and do my machine.) I also had company most of the day today. A friend was having a rough time...relationship wise, and needed some support. I was very happy to be there for her. She is an amazing person. She is beautiful, intelligent, independent...I often see similarities in our personalities in that we both put a lot of pressure on ourselves to do the best, be the best, and to make everyone proud of us.... today she dealt with some tough stuff...had to confront things about her relationship and about herself in a relationship. I know she was not feeling it today, but she was strong today, very strong. It takes a lot to go through what she did, and I am proud of her. Hang in there my friend... you know yourself well...

Today I decided to post new pictures of my incisions/scars. This one is the front...and looks pretty good as far as scars go. I don't think it is going to be too bad...and it is starting to get less puckery. Also the swelling in my knee is decreasing which I think helps.

This is the worse of the two...the one behind my knee. It is pretty gross... part of it is still seeping...today it seemed to seep more than it has been.The place that is seeping does sting a little today. I tried to put some antibiotic cream on it to see if that will help. I hope it does. I do think I am getting better still... Today I was very tired after yesterday...but I also think it is good for me to do that because when school starts I will need to be able to put in 8 hour days. That may be tough at first, but I will do my best.

I guess that's all for now... hope everyone is doing well...and not too grossed out my the pics. And to my friend who had a hard day...I'm sending you a hug!

1 comment:

Torben Ness said...

as a nurse, ive seen a lot of scars, wounds in my work, and the one in front looks perfect, and the one in back, also looks okey, you said that its some fluid comming out, not to worry to much, of the pictures it looks healthy and fresh, no signs of infections, and its normal that some fluid come out, i had that to, but no infection. Im reading that you have progress, 90 degrees on the passive CP machine is splended, and 80 without it is also very good.
Im following your steps here, and im thinking happy thoughts for you, keep in there, and be strong......

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place