8/29/2007

Getting back into the swing of things

Today I got to school and got to see a lot of people. I faced a lot of reactions to being on crutches, to my incisions/scars, and a lot of questions. It was nice that people seemed to care how I was doing....and several people offered to help me with anything I needed. As I had predicted, the superintendents speech today was......snoozefest 2007. He doesn't get it. As a teacher I watch the kids and know when they have had enough or need to do something different. This guy was oblivious to his audience...people were shifting in their seats, getting up to use the restroom, and standing up swaying back and forth...My head was going to explode from trying to prevent myself from yelling, Get off the stage moron! The afternoon was much better. Our new principal did a great job at welcoming us and going through some things that have changed since spring. I did well making it through the day...ate a healthy lunch even...and then went to physical therapy. By the time I got to PT my knee was SWOLLEN...big time... and as a result couldn't do much for therapy. But the doc said to expect that...good days and hard days... I know that I need to elevate my leg throughout the day and did not get to do that today...but will make sure I do tomorrow.

It actually feels good to be starting a new year...new kids...I am excited and look forward to getting into my routine...time for bed.....I am sleepy.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place