8/22/2007

Hospital

We are at the hospital with my Gram. She is still in ICU, but holding her own. She is a tough lady...I was here yesterday as well and she does not look as strong to me today as she did yesterday, but the doc gave a good report... though he is cautioning us to not be too optimistic because an infection or pneumonia is likely to occur. He said our goal should be for us to have her leave here healthy enough to go to a rehab facility. So... we'll see.

My knee is holding up ok. I was tired last night and had more pain than I have had for a while, but I attribute it to the driving. The hardest part being away from home is that my grandmother's toilet seat is very low and there isn't anything to hold to help me get up and down... I know.. too much info, but that's the reality of it. I am doing a lot of walking, which is good for me as is putting in longer days. Mom and dad are impressed with how the incisions look, say they look much better. I do still have two places that are seeping, but that too will stop. I have to return to Boston Monday, so we'll see what the good doctor says.

I sure am sick of hospitals and medical people....though I know they are needed and good at what they do, I prefer to not spend time with them for a while...enough is enough...

1 comment:

Jason said...

Just checking in...Hope you and your Grandmother are both doing ok.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place