8/20/2007

Going North

I will be heading north tomorrow...through the weekend. It will be good to see my family, though I wish the circumstances were different. I know it will be hard to see my grandmother with so many tubes going in and out of her. I am trying to get ready...planning what to take... my CPM machine, my cryocuff to ice my knee...and the regular stuff... I also need to take some first aid stuff because my incision...the back one has once again decided to seep a little... Geesh... Noticed it today when I was in a store... I am sure that the other people appreciated the oozage....sorry folks...

I had my last physical therapy session today with "P". Tomorrow her supervisor comes to discharge me from services...the visiting nurse also comes in the morning to discharge me... so it's official... I am not 'homebound.' So I get to go out for physical therapy...exciting. P's session was ok.. though she did the stretching with me... that HURTS.... I iced my knee for about three hours after she left. While I was icing my knee Rico called... and I am going to call him after this post.

One of my assistants from school called me today. It was great to hear from her. She has had a busy summer and is looking forward to coming back to school. It is so hard for me to believe that next week school will start...granted, the kids don't come until after Labor Day, but once the professional days start it feels like school... I am hoping that the next few days will help build my endurance up for when school starts. I know being at the hospital and driving such a long way will tire me out...but I need to be able to put in a long day.

I talked to my friend Jill, who posts comments often, :-) and I will get to see her while I am in Lincoln. I am sooo looking forward to that.

Anyway...I may or may not blog while I am away. I will try... if I am not too tired to climb up the stairs at my parents house....and if Mom will let me.

Good Night!

2 comments:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

See you in Lincoln in a few days!

Anonymous said...

found your website while investigating PVNS.

Had an MRI this past weekend and they say that the orthopedic consult should investigate the potential of PVNS.

My name is michael;
michael (at) cortexhr dot com

I'll keep you posted if the dx is actually PVNS.

In short, i had spontaneous onset of left knee pain, and it was initially diagnosed as a torn meniscus, so I thought things would be simple.

However, the MRI showed no cartilage tear, no ligament tear, but pain very similar to such. They have found some intraarticular masses, and some hemarthrosis. I guess a simple biopsy and arthroscopy will be the next steps for final and definitive diagnosis.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place