8/27/2007

Knee Update

I had my appointment in Boston today. All GOOD news. My doc says I am a little ahead of schedule as far as recovery/walking, etc. He says the incisions look great and that he is very pleased. The only thing that changed is that right after surgery he had told me that I had nodular PVNS, however, the pathology report is that I have diffuse PVNS...which is the kind that is more rare and more likely to return...however, the success rate with this surgery is good. I had xrays today to see if any arthritis had settled in and it is clear. I don't have any real restrictions, except to remind myself that I had a MAJOR surgery and to not push myself too hard. I also got a doctor's note that says I have to limit my hours at school because I need to make sure my body is getting enough rest to continue to heal. So the appt. went really really well. I have to go back in the end of November for more xrays and assessment, then I will have another MRI in another 3 months. My knee is very stiff and having a hard time straightening because of being at the hospital so much this week...and I need to work on that. I had my first outpatient physical therapy appointment this morning. Most of the appointment was just evaluation and review of things, but there was some stretching....straightening...which hurt...but I need it. So.... on the knee front... life is good.

On the Gramie front...things are not so good.... not much has changed. Mom has had a chance to get a little rest because my sister had rented a hotel room next to the hospital and convinced mom to go there and sleep last night while Sis sat with Gramie. Sis is at my house tonight and told me that mom had a hard day today, emotionally. Whilc I am not happy she is upset, I am a little relieved that she is letting some of her emotions out. She is an amazing person...an amazing mom...and an amazing daughter.

I am exhausted...physically and mentally. I will relax tomorrow then I have to go to work on Wednesday and Thursday...professional development. I need to make sure I do some stretching during the professional development so I don't get more stiff. I also have another PT appointment Wednesday afternoon.

I am glad that my sister is here tonight...gives us a chance to just be...release some of our own emotions and support each other.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place