8/03/2007

H O T

OMG....(Oh my God) it is HOT! Had to throw a little instand messaging lingo in there so you all know how hip I am. Today's goal was to not melt. It was a hard goal.

I woke up this morning and my stomach felt a little off. Didn't dare finish my orange juice with breakfast... oh well. I was sleepy this morning, didn't sleep great the second half of the night last night. So I took my time getting up and around. I took a long shower...Mom anxiously waited outside the door, listening for the water to shut off so she could do dishes. But I took my time. After my shower I lazed around a bit longer and used the CPM machine. I then got a phone call...someone shouting at me... "YOU BETTER BE READY.... and laughter... I brought Reinforcements!!! Get outta bed and get ready to get beat!!! We're five minutes away...start shuffling!" Meg....after getting her behind handed to her the other day in canasta decided that she would challenge us...again....and brought someone to join her...a partner game this time... her partner...was her friend Brenda, who grew up playing canasta, but hasn't played regularly recently. So it was Mom and me against Meg and Brenda, a.k.a. "Red Dog." I admit, there were some moments when Red Dog showed some canasta skills...but in the end... mom and I prevailed....twice. So Meg left again, with her ego damaged. She is so competitive, I love beating her. That's not nice, I supposed, but I love it. She is so funny...whenever she or her partner discarded something mom or I could pick up, Meg hit herself in the head and said, Stupid, Stupid....reminded me of Dobby in Harry Potter. (Which by the way I have yet to finish the last book... so do NOT tell me any details about it!)

So... the rest of the day... well...around 1:15 I got my sneakers on, ready for physical therapy. P had told me that we were going to walk down my driveway and back. I have been walking around the upper part of the driveway, but the lower part slopes and she didn't want me to do the slope in my flip flops....go figure. Then I got on the machine until P arrived. P said it was too hot to go outside to exercise. Yay P!!!! So we did stuff inside and she added a new exercise for me. We are also backing off one of the stretches until that part of my incision closes back up a little... it re-opened today...not good. I may have to go to the doc on Monday if it doesn't start closing again. (I would go to the guy here in Portland who referred me to Boston.) The rest of the day was spent using my cryocuff, which was not only good for my knee, but good for staying a little cooler. Then dad arrived around 5 ish... He said he sees improvements in how I am motoring and got a kick out of the bell on my crutches. Mom told him when the newness wears off, he will find it annoying.

So...this means that I am close to flying solo.... yup... I think mom and dad will hit the road Sunday or Monday... (Monday if I end up needing to go to the dr's) Mom is nervous about it. She asked the physical therapist some questions today and got some reassurance that I will be ok. I do feel like I will be fine...yes..it will be more challenging, but I will do ok. And if I need help mom... I PROMISE I will ask.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place