8/16/2007

PT...PT...PT...

PT...Physical therapy....PT...physical torture...PT...pretty terrible...PT...painful today...PT...praying time...PT...possible terrorism...PT.....OUCHIE OUCHIE OUCHIE..... You get the idea...Me and my big mouth... Today when I went to the doctor he mentioned that I need to really focus on straightening my leg as much if not more than bending it...My leg hasn't been straight for a long time...as time has gone on and the pain increased, I favored that leg so much...it hasn't been straight in a looong time. In my head I thought...hmm.. .I bet that my physical therapist could stretch my leg for me...force it straight a little, like she has with the bending stretch. So when "P" got here I said, Hey... can you do a stretch that will force me to straighten my leg? She smiled and said..oh yeah.....said she would stretch me both ways today... I told her that she didn't HAVE to do both. Before we did any stretching, P decided that I need to walk more to build up my endurance. Walk...with one crutch....outside. So, since P's schedule had room for it, she suggested we walk together for a while..down my sidewalk. Fun. It wasn't bad actually...but bothered my lower back. Then she showed me some new stretches to help loosen up my hamstring to help with the straightening.... then...then the Torture started. I straightened my leg as much as I could...then P pushed down until I yelped...I mean, told her that was far enough...we did that three times...doesn't sound like much...but it was plenty. Then she wanted ot go right to the bending stretch...after the other stretches...I could not bend my knee as far as I could before...and it hurt.... P only made me do 5 instead of our usual 10...thank goodness...after she left... yep...ICE TIME... for a long while.... mostly to numb it, but really to try to prevent swelling. I will see P again next week and then her supervisor will come to check on me and discharge me. Then I will be going to PT outside of my house. I was sure that I was done for the day...stick a fork in me...but... I rallied. Sara called and wanted to meet for dinner. She leaves this weekend for Hawaii for a business trip, so I wanted to make sure I had a little time with her before she leaves...so I agreed. I thought it would be a piece of cake to park...since I have my handicap plackard...I was wrong. Why is it that when you are out looking for empty spaces, you find one and darn it...it is handicapped, so you can't park there...Ironically I was searching for a handicapped space and could not find one. I ended up finding a regular spot and had to walk a bit, but it was fine. We went to one of our favorite places...and there was a live band playing, it was nice. Sara had a rough day at work... she is such an amazing person, I hope her boss startes showing her some appreciation...

I am watching television and a warning just came across the screen... a warning that radar has detected storms and that with the current conditions a tornado is possible...not likely, but possible. What the heck is that all about? In Maine... let's hope it will just be bad thunder showers. Anyway...I am running out of steam here, and am going to watch Big Brother.... I admit it... I like that show...ok... I record it if I can't watch it....Man....I am tired of being tired...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place