8/23/2007

Hanging in there.

Gram is having a hard day. She told me that she doesn't think she is going to make it. I told her that she has fought so hard for so long and that she has been really strong. I wondered if I should tell her it was ok not to fight, but I don't know that I should tell her that yet... my sister and my aunt are planning to come up next week and maybe Gram can hang on for them to get here. I am not saying that is it, but my grandmother has never, to my knowledge, said she didn't think she would make it. She is tough. She wants mom to stay in her room with her today. Everyone else is doing ok...of course we are all tired and emotional, but I think hanging in there pretty well.

My knee is ok.. it was very swollen last night... I think because I did a lot of walking yesterday. But I iced it last night and use my CPM machine, so I feel like it is ok. This is the most my knee has had to endure since the surgery, so...I expect to be swollen and tired.

The computer is a nice thing to have in the waiting area at the hospital...distraction is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, Just wanted to send you some big hugs. I am thinking about you and your family and wishing your gram well!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place