8/30/2007

Rest

This is a picture of Tess, my oldest cat. She is able to relax easily...or so it seems. I could say the same thing about all of my cats I suppose. Tess does get a little worked up sometimes...when she is ready to go to bed and I am still up, she gets a little antsy. But I love this picture of her. Tonight I am feeling like I just want to sleep. I was hoping that at this point in recovery I would be able to make it through the day and have energy to get a lot of school stuff done at home...it is going to take time...still...patience...patience...patience....sleep...sleep... sleep... Today was better than yesterday...but I iced my knee a lot and kept it elevated a lot. So...I will have to make sure I take time to do both throughout the day. And of course...there will be sleep....lots and lots of sleep.

I am going to try to get some stuff done over the weekend so I am ready for students on Tuesday. Game On!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I have seen/read your blogs about your PVNS. I was diagnosed with PVNS back in 2011. I had it removed through a scope then. I recently had it come back again.. this time twice as bad. I had another surgery in December to remove it again. This time I had open front
and back to get it all out. I have been doing my research on PVNS since I
have been diagnosed, yet have never crossed paths with your blog! I am so
incredibly happy to see this! We have the EXACT same scar design/pattern/butcher marks! I have been looking at images of PVNS surgeries and never have seen anything like mine! I feel like I have no one
to talk to about my stuggles with the condition! As I read your blogs, I
honestly feel that it is what I am going through practically word for word!
If you wouldn't mind.. I have a few questions for you, things I feel that
my doctor cannot answer. Example: How long did it take you to walk normal?,
how long were you in PT?, how do your scars look now?, how did you deal
with the people thinking you were being "dramatic" about the things you
could/couldn't do and also the pain?, do yoi still hurt?, have your tumours
came back?....... I am so sorry! I am just so excited that I foumd someone
tjat went through the same thing! I feel alone through all of these.. no
one truly understands. Your advise and feedback would be so so So greatly
appreciated! Please contact me if that would be ok to get yourself
responses! :)

TallGal said...

Hi! Don't apologize for reaching out! I remember clearly how crazy it can feel. It feels like it has been a long time since going through it, so it is hard for me to remember the details. As far as walking normally... I would say 3-4 months... I did PT for about that same amount of time. My scars now... look like they do in the picture off to the right of the blog, the one of my leg while I was kayaking. It was hard when I felt like people thought I was being dramatic.. but I knew what I was feeling and knew that it would get better... it is wise to listen to your body and don't overdo...period. I have remained pvns free... I did have some knee pain this spring, but think it was something different... as it seems to be fine again. Feel free to email me at ihavepvns@aol.com Good Luck to you!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place