6/05/2007

Taking Care of Me


While nobody else knows this blog exists, I am still going to write. Someday someone may read it. (Maybe if I tell people it exists I may get some views!)

Anyway... I am preparing for my July surgery. I know that I can't lose all the weight I have regained by the time I go in for surgery, but...I can do what I can in the meantime. Today was day two of eating well and taking better care of myself. When I lost weight before I had done it by following Dr. Phil's program. I have to say that it worked well for me and while I was on it, I felt amazing. I was able to become more and more active and lost more and more weight. Once my knee started hurting me I strayed from the program. Working out was hard and one day away from the gym turned into two which turned into a few...etc. I had gone to physial therapy and my symptoms increased which resulted in more time away from the gym and working out.... So, it has been a long time since I have worked out. For me, not working out means I don't eat well. Not eating well and not working out has not been helpful! (Unless the help I was after was re-gaining the weight!)

After all this I was feeling pretty crappy! It has been a long, hard road.

Ok... enough with the Debby Downer talk. Now that I know I have a date for surgery...and hope of feeling better, I want to get as healthy as I can before surgery. So, I am going to eat healthy and I am going to try to be active...to the best of my physical ability. My friend Sheila and I are going to go swimming tonight at a local pool. My goal is to tread water for 30 minutes. This may not seem like a lot, but remember, I have not been active in about two years.

I will let you all know how it goes...


No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place