6/17/2007

Quick Note

Hello Blog Buddies...

Just a quick note today... I am off to get some work done for school so that the last day of school can be my last day as well.

My post yesterday was a little intense... some days are like that for me. Today I feel a little better...maybe because I emailed my dr. in Boston and he was encouraging. I had emailed him about my prognosis...telling him that I had read a lot of things online about horror stories... he believes that the best results from PVNS involve an aggressive first surgery...that recurrance usually happens when people have tried to get rid of the PVNS with less invasive measures with more than one attempt. Because this is my first surgery and because the bone structure appears strong... the prognosis is good...insert sigh of relief here... Also I will follow up with him regularly to monitor everything.

I know the threat of recurrance is real...very real...but I am going to really hope and believe that this surgery will be the beginning of the end of PVNS for me.

Some people have asked me about adding me to prayer lists at their respective churches... Most of you kow I do not attend church regularly and that I see myself more as a spiritual person than religious...but I believe in God...and believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking, so I do welcome any positive thoughts...and appreciate them a lot.

Today is father's day. Happy Father's Day DAD!!! My dad and I have always had a strong bond. We may not talk as often as I talk with my mom, and may not get as deep into things...but there is a bond unlike any other. Safe... Dad makes me feel safe...always has. There is something about having a soft place to land with someone who is so strong. When I was little, I was often his shadow...in the woods...in the garden...and he took me fishing even though he had to bait my hook and touch the fish I caught because I wouldn't. Dad... I adore you... adore the love you have for our family.

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Torben Ness said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place