6/29/2007

Overthinking...perhaps...


This is my newest completed art project. I told you about it earlier... I am making it into one of those thingys that go in the middle of the table and spin. I have yet to attach the doohickey that will make it spin, but the paint job is done. The colors are a little brighter in person, but you get the idea.
Today my sister came today to pick up my nephew. She brought her other two sons along as well. She had stopped on the way up so they had a chance to go to the beach. The temperatures changed a lot overnight and the boys got cold fast.
My oldest nephew was sad to leave. He had asked his mom if he could stay longer. That's nice. He was a little frustrated when Sis and my other nephews arrived, but he did okay. He is a sensitive kid and I am sure he was sad to leave. He had wanted to go to the beach today too...with me before he had to leave. We didn't go...mainly because I was supposed to have a physical therapy appt., but I got there and they did not have me scheduled. I was a bit relieved because my knee is not feeling great and I think that I would not have been able to do some of the exercises.
I am leaving Sunday to go camping. I am not sure if I will have a chance to write before I leave, but I will try. I am looking forward to camping and hope that I am able to kayak. I am worried about getting into and out of the kayak as well as the position my leg has to be in while in the kayak. Time will tell I guess.
My surgeon's office called today and told me I needed to have a referral from my primary care physician for the surgery... gotta love health care. I would have thought that getting the referral to the guy for the first appt. with him would have been enough. Let's hope that this referral goes through more efficiently than the last.
Having my nephew here was a good distraction...my knee was worse, but I was able to get my thoughts away from it more than usual. My surgery is about two and a half weeks away... I really, really hope that this makes things better. I am not sure I can handle more of the same. I am scared to have the surgery...scared not to...which isn't an option... I know there are so many people who will help me afterwards...and I am so grateful...but I know it is going to be hard on me... this is one of those times that I wish I had a significant other to lean on... but I suppose that this will make me stronger...right? Or at least that's what we tell ourselves and what we tell each other.

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi TallGal, I've been reading through your ordeal with the stinking PVNS. It sounds familiar. Start exercising and bam, problem. Feeling good, doing more, bam problem for no apparent reason. Definitely sucks.
When I had my orthoscopic surgery 1.5 years ago they confirmed I had PVNS and said I would definitely need to have the real surgery. Well, I still haven't had it yet. Living overseas doesn't make it easy. Luckily my knee just hurts once in a while now, it hasn't ballooned back up again and refused to go down.
I dont' think I want to know how much worse this can be. I'm going to avoid those links. Ankle replacement surgery? Aiyee.
cute cats!

Tonya Ricucci said...

p.s. good luck on the surgery. hope it all goes smoothly and you're moving around easily really soon.

TallGal said...

Thanks! I am glad you have not gotten to the point of needing the big surgery... I will keep fingers crossed for you that you don't have to.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place