6/13/2007

Only partly cloudy...

Today was a better day. Physically the pain was less today and I was able to walk without too much pain...of course I was walking slowly, but at least I was mobile.

I have a lot of things to be thankful for...today especially. My middle nephew, who is 5, had a minor surgery today and all went well. It was great to hear from my sister after they got home and know that it was behind them. My nephew was pretty brave. He did tell me yesterday that he was a "li'l nervous" but that he was going ot be asleep through it all so he knew it would not hurt. Good kid....

I got to talk to my mom today. She and dad are "out of the woods" for a few days. (They came home from their camper.) This would be the first opportunity they would have to read my blog, so HEY mom and dad, if you are reading this!

Knowing that people are reading this makes me wonder a little if I am putting too much in here...I don't want people to worry more about me than they already do... but I also want to keep things real here... in case there are other people with PVNS who read this, they will know they are not alone. And writing about all of this is helping me... yes it makes it more real...real that I am going to have a major surgery, but it also makes me feel less "in my own head." I'm not sure if people will know what I mean by that or not...Many people who know me, know that I am a thinker... sometimes an overthinker... so writing things out here somehow makes me rehash things less in my head.

Anyway... I did my PT exercises this morning before I got out of bed. (Very cool that I can do the PT while still in bed!) I will do them again tonight before going to sleep.

I think that I am going to re-read Conversations with God... or at least start re-reading it. For those of you who don't know that book, it is not a religious book, but a spiritual one. I see it as a philosophy...one that I connect with. I find I go back to the book at various times. The books title and ideas have been surfacing in conversations and emails with people...so maybe it is time to revisit it.

Well my friends... (including my family members) ... I am signing off for now. Thanks to all of you who are accompanying me along this path. You know it is hard for me to lean on people... but I know that I can lean on you... and I love you for that.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place