6/08/2007

A New Day


It's a New Day! I had my first physical therapy appointment today. I am sure it is the first of MANY appointments. The woman who will be working with me was great. She was so positive and made me feel like I will be ready for surgery and will be stronger so that my reovery is easier. She was sooooo positive! Like a breath of fresh air. She did some measuring of range of motion etc. My left knee is almost two inches bigger than my right...which did not surprise me. I will be meeting with her twice a week until surgery. She does not have much knowledge about PVNS but wants to learn more. From what I have read on other sites it is not uncommon for health care providers to be unfamiliar with PVNS. While it is not uncommon, it can be a little unsettling.
So my mood today is better...so I am posting a picture of one of the paintings I have done. Some of you have seen this at my apartment. I am by no means an artist, but I do like the paintings I have done and hope to do more while I recover this summer.
I am so glad that summer is here. This painting makes me think of my favorite summer spot - up north, on the river, near the mountain....with the moose. I am trying to schedule a time to get up there, but I want to make sure that the PT is the priority. Of course I could take the exercises with me and make myself do them while camping. Another exciting part of my summer is that my oldest nephew may be coming to visit me for a few days...just him...without his two brothers. He is almost 8 and is such a cool kid. I can't believe he is 8...wow.
I am glad it is Friday. I am not sure what will unfold this weekend, but I am hoping to catch a movie...maybe Mr. Brooks or Knocked Up. Mr. Brooks looks scary, so if I go to the movies alone I may not go to that one. Besides, seeing Kevin Costner as a bad guy is not something I look forward to... kind of like seeing Denzel Washington as a bad guy in Training Day... Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place