6/14/2007

Let the sun shine...

Today...my pain was lower than it has been in a long time. Why? I don't know...there is no rhyme or reason. Part of me wants to give credit to the physical therapy, but I am scared to do so because I am afraid of being disappointed when the pain comes back strongly again...and I know it will. I talked a lot with my PT today and she talked to me about my PT goals. She said that she was glad my pain was lower than usual and took no credit...she also said that controlling pain is not one of my goals because this condition is painful and that she understands that what I need...is to feel physically strong. She gave me more exercises to do at home. I am going to be buff by the time this is all through! I will have a great start to getting back into my workout routine. I can tell that the stuff I will be doing will leave me with that sore muscle feeling....the good kind from working out...I just hope it doesn't turn into bad pain like my knee did last week after swimming. She is having me do some exercises with my left leg...the knee that has the PVNS. But most of my exercises are going to help both of my legs...and my upper body. I am also becoming more aware of my posture...not about standing up straight because I don't slouch...but about standing on both of my legs....I lean to my right side...and do find myself not bearing any weight on it...I have at times thought I was a flamingo.
My mom sent me an email today. She read the blog... she thinks it is good for me. So do I. It is a good thing for me....and I like hearing from people who have read it. So Thanks!!! I am thinking about posting an email address on here so people could email me if they don't want to add comments, but I have not decided if I want to or not...we'll see.
What else? I grilled tonight for the first time this year... well using my grill at least. I love how easy grilling can be. (And less dishes to wash!) I bought some chicken that had already been marinating in a lemon pepper sauce... it was delicious. I cooked enough so I can have some on salad tomorrow.
We had a field trip today at work. It was fun. We took the kids to a place where they could run around, swim, and play games. They loved it. I brought one of my former students with me along with her 6 week old daughter... that baby is sooooooooo cute. I could snuggle her all day... Someday... I will be a mom... but not right now. (I think this little baby is the reason for my two new cats... I had met the baby and just loved holding her...talk about maternal instincts...geesh... so instead of having a baby... I got two cats... go figure!)
That's all for today my friends. Love to all!




No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place