6/22/2007

Preparing

Today I moved some things around so that life after surgery will be easier. I moved the small refrigerator that I usually have in my classroom into my living room so that I can have cold drinks within reach. Right now there is iced tea and water in there. No captain and diet coke....yet. (Just kidding mom!) I also made room for a chair that sara and Phil are going to let me borrow... one that is higher than my furniture and has arms on it so it will be easier to get up from. I did some organizing in the room that I want to use as my art room. I prefer to paint at the dining room table, but is makes more sense to keep all the paint in one space. hopefully I will feel up to doing some art after surgery. I did some cleaning too....That doesn't really sound like a lot of things to do.. but it has taken me all day. I can do some work, then have to get off my feet and relax. Frustrating. It's kind of throbbing tonight.

The cats enjoyed the day. For some reason they get all excited amidst the chaos and were very energetic. Later in the day Tess, the senior female in the bunch, has been very affectionate and has stayed close to me. I think this means that she is feeling more comfortable with the new cats. Prior to bringing them home, Tess made sure she had some time getting my attention. Since bringing them home, Tess has kept to herself a bit more. Ahh... some bug just went running across my floor.. Tess saw it too and ran after it. I caught up to them and squished the bug.... ewwww... at least it wasn't a moth. Gross!

Oh... I wanted to say hello to D in California. He is in his early twenties, facing his third surgery from PVNS. He suffers from it in his ankle and is awaiting an ankle transplant... I had no idea such a thing existed. His battle with PVNS has been frustrating. I am glad to have had the chance to communicate with him. He agrees that having a strong support system is wicked important. (I added the wicked part... I doubt people in CA use the word wicked...) Good Luck D.

I am trying to get organized for Monday's pre-op appt. I am a little worried about the blod donation part... I have never given blood. I know... it is a nice thing to do... but I haven't. I worked at a few blood drives in high school and figured that was easier than getting stuck with a needle. I am worried because I remember seeing people who gave blood and then practically passed out... eek... I hope that doesn't happen.

I guess that's all for tonight... tomorrow I am hoping to have a fun adventure...if I do, I will share it with y'all.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! You have someone coming over to help you with food and all that right?

For at least a week after your surgery, I wouldn't expect you to have much energy for painting just yet. You'll be sore, and out of it from the pain meds and pretty much not want to to anything but sleep. So be sure to stock up on brainless movies and mags. :)

TallGal said...

Hi Leslie,

When I do have my surgery I will have a lot of help. Mom and Dad are going to Boston with me and will most likely stay with me for a few days after I get home. I have a lot of friends who are going to help out and cook me some food. I will stock up on movies. I am not a huge magazine person, but you never know. :-) July 17 is coming fast.... thanks for thinking of me and for reading my blog. - Kim

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place