6/18/2007

Hello Blog Viewers!!!

[The peacock is a painting I did for my sister for Christmas. ]


I just got off the phone with "Rico" who enjoyed laughing at me...not with me, mind you...about a few things, non blog/PVNS related. It's always good to talk to "Rico." While talking to him he told me that he has tried to add comments and that for some reason they did not post... he also told me that he bets a lot of people are reading the blog and just haven't been able to add comments....so I have changed some of the settings and believe that I have fixed the problem. (If I don't have a comment from Rico soon I will know I did not fix the problem!)

After I talked with him I checked some email and discovered a message from the blog viewer in Norway and from the woman I wrote about... I was so excited to hear from them. I love hearing from people who are following/accompanying me on this journey. It is so exciting. In a way, it makes me wonder if I should edit more of what I say, but I won't...because I created this so I could be as honest as I want to be.

Anyway.. I had PT today... and she asked me how I was feeling. My pain level was higher today, but it is my own fault. I did some heavy lifting this weekend and shouldn't have...but it was worth it because I now have a dishwasher, that works, in my apartment. Yahoo! I HATE doing dishes... HATE it...in addition to being horrible, it kills my back because the sink is low. Even when I put the dishpan on the sideboard it isn't ideal. If only the sideboards were higher...built to accomodate my height.... My PT did not let the pain stop me from doing some new exercises. I am going to be sore tomorrow. Thursday is my last day with her because she is moving far away, but she is handing me over to someone else, who I am sure will be helpful.

A week from today I will be in Boston...for pre-op stuff. I will be donating a pint of my blood and meeting with the dr. who will knock me out. I am going to go down alone... I had some people offer to go with me, but for some erason I want/need to go alone. I think it is part of this process, part of just realizing what is going on, and letting it sink in. I think the drive will be good for me....think time. After my appt. I will be driving to my sister's house to pick up my oldest nephew to bring him back here for a few days. I am really excited about it.

I want to get this posted, in case Rico wants to say hello... he also told me he may be starting a blog... I say GO FOR IT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally....I can post....Rico.

TallGal said...

Yay! Thanks Rico!

Torben Ness said...

Had the same problem as Rico, but now it works okey, this blog is now one of a few blogs i have bookmarked, so you should be honored:)

Leslie said...

I haven't tried to comment before, but just wanted to say hi! Your cousin in Michigan is reading your blog, too. :)

I'd love to see more of your artwork interspersed with your daily journaling. You're really talented!

TallGal said...

Thanks Leslie... I appreciate your visiting the blog, and your request for my art... It is a good release for me. Yay! I love the feedback.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place