6/09/2007

Dreary Day...Bright Spirits

It is a dreary day here...overcast and sprinkling once in a while. I woke up this morning to a phone call from my mom. She and Dad are camping for the summer and their cell phone, one of those old bag car phone thingys, doesn't always get great reception. We tried talking last night, but it didn't work so she called back this morning. It was good to talk to her and update her on what has been going on.

I feel so good after having talked with the physical therapist yesterday. I feel...dare I say..... hopeful. I went out to dinner with Joleen last night, accompanied by her 4 mos. old St. Bernard puppy (44lbs. of puppy). It was nice, we ate at a restaurant that has tables on the wharf so her dog could join us. I then went to the beach.

The beach was almost empty, though I did run into my professor from my law class this spring, and the sun was setting. It was nice. I took the picture of my foot as I walked in the water a little.

Things are coming together as far as surgery goes... My parents are going to go to Boston with me for the surgery, along with Sara and Phil, and "Lola," a.k.a. my sister. I have to go to Boston a couple weeks before my surgery for pre-op stuff...and to donate a unit of my own blood in case I need a transfusion. I have never given a unit of blood...like at the red cross or at a blood drive, so this will be a new experience. they told me that it will take like an hour??? Seems like a long time to give a little blood... oh well.

Craig called today and we had lunch at one of my favorite local spots. We shared some hot wings...yummy... I know..not exactly the healthiest choice, but they were delicious!

I am in the midst of doing some cleaning/laundry, but I have to take breaks along the way or else my knee gets really bad. The cats are running around like crazy...Lucy and Sheldon are definitely feeling secure in being here. It is fun watching all of them. They all make sure to get some quality time with me...or maybe they just like my lap!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Time to get off my butt and clean some more......

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place