6/27/2007

Beach Days


I am LOVING having my nephew for a few days. He is such a GREAT kid. So smart... and just beautiful. I am sharing some pics with you all about some things we have done on our adventure so far. My nephew is 7 and loves mini-golf... he did great. He didn't get frustrated when his ball went into the bushes...and didn't get upset when we tallied up the score and I had kicked his butt. Yeah... he's 7 and I kicked his butt... am I proud... You bet I am. He's tough! He kicked my butt at a Harry Potter trivia game this morning.




He loves the ocean... always has. He was so excited to go to the beach for the first time this summer. I love this picture because he just ran for the water...arms up and so excited.. and happy... pure joy. I love that. He ran and ran and ran.... the water actually felt warm - I didn't swim yesterday but I did today and had fun.



The final pic of the day is of my nephew with his snorkel gear on while we were heading to the beach. He accompanied me to my physical therapy appt. today and counted for me as I did my exercises. I lose count for some reason. After my appointment we went to the store to nuy some beach supplies. Last night we had not taken a lot to the beach and decided today we needed some supplies. The water was a little murky for snorkeling, but he tried. By the end of the time at the beach he was cold, shivering, but still wanting more time in the ocean.
I am so glad he is here. My knee is hurting quite a bit and I am not taking pain meds because I feel weird taking something that makes me less coherent than I should be with him here. It does limit what I can do with him and it is frustrating. Tonight we are going to wake up in the middle of the night and take a special trip to the beach... to see if we can find bioluminescent creatures... I have experienced bioluminescent creatures twice before... if you don't know what I am talking about... they are small organisms that glow in the dark when stressed. They someitmes get caught in the sand, and you can't see them unless you step near them or on them and they glow. I was telling my nephew about it and he asked if we could get up in the night to go. I told him we could... I think that would be a cool memory... especially if we find the glow in the dark stuff. However, I think it may be hard to wake him up and get him into the truck... but we'll try. So I am going to head to bed so that I can get a little rest before getting up again.
What a cool kid....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place