7/15/2007

The washer came around...and a shout out...

I stayed up late last night to try to get the washer going. Turn the knob, pull it out to see if anything would happen... nothing... Around 1 a.m. I smacked the knob and then pulled it out...and it worked....Yahooooooo! Guess I just had to show it whose boss.

So... today is going to be interesting...not sure what it has in store for me. I am trying to get things ready for my parents to stay here... they will be taking over my bed and I will be sleeping in a twin bed...partly because my PT said that I should sleep in a bed that enables me to get up on the left side...and the twin bed is set up that way... and partly because usually when my parents stay here mom sleeps on the couch... she loves sleeping on my couch.. I am not exaggerating... she says it is very comfortable... which it is... but...with four cats who run all over the place at night, I think it is best for mom and dad, who are used to no animals at their house, to be in a space that they can close the door. This way they will not get trampled. At first the cats will scratch their door...trying to get in, but they will settle down.

I want to make sure I give a shout out to my friend in CA... Pele! Hey Pele! He has become a great friend and has been following the blog. Thanks for your support P! (MC)

While I am saying HEY to people... I want to make sure I mention my friends SueEllen and Kris...they are sisters...I met Kris in college and have become friends with her sister as well. Sue is taking care of my felinnes while I am gone. Thanks Sue! They came over last night for dinner. Last week I had offered to grill for us all, but yesterday just did not foresee me standing at a grill and going back and forth into the kitchen...so I called them to let them know that. They brought dinner to me instead... Thanks!

Lots of people have called to let me know they are thinking of me... and I appreciate it. I will do my best to answer calls/make calls to people tonight, but I can't promise I will because I have a feeling I am giong to be emotional and may withdraw a little.... sorry for that, but sometimes that's how I cope. Also, my parents are going to be here and I want to make sure I get some quality time with them before they start having to play nurse to me.

Yesterdays main blog was not very upbeat. My instincts say that I should apologize for that and hope that it didn't cause people to worry, but... this is my forum to be who I am and to express what I am feeling. I don't want people to worry about me, but I know that people will... and someone even told me that knowing what I am thinking helps them worry less because I often try to keep it together for everyone...when everyone knows I am not ok.

I will post another blog tonight...and will try to post one tomorrow night, before I head to bed...but I am not sure that the hotel has WiFi. If I don't get to post something tomorrow night... know I appreciate everyone and will do my best to keep people updated on what's going on..... Sara will be calling most people who have asked to be called...

I will be back later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will be busy with your parents and all tonight so I will just say I will be thinking of you. Rico

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place