7/20/2007

Out the window



Well folks... one thing this has taught me is to throw modesty out the window... Yep...LOTS of folks have seen my shiny white hiney... and to be honest... I don't care. Today I feel pretty good. The catheter came out this morning and I am on a deadline to pee before 5:30 tonight on my own or else it goes back in... YOUCH... apparently that is not an experience one wants to be awake for. So...wish for me to pee....

Ok.. Before I get too far.. I need to say Happy Birthday LOLA!!! Lola is 25 today... again... Love ya chickie. She was so good the day of my surgery.. she really wanted to stay with me until I got settled into a room, but eventually as the clock ticked she had to leave. It was a good thing she did as I did not get to a room until 12:30 a.m. She came back on Wednesday and brought me a gift bag... with lots of little goodies in it. I think that there are some left... and today I feel like opening them. Yahoo... So Sistah... I will be opening presents on your birthday. Love ya.

Ok.. progress notes.. Yesterday... most of the day I felt pretty good, was alert and felt pretty strong... Debbie came down to visit... and brought a little ray of sunshine with her... Thanks Deb... While she was here they tried to get me up. So Deb went to hang with mom and dad for a while They got me to the edge of my bed, had me stand up, bear weight... all my weight...on my left leg. OUCH!!! That, my friends SUCKED! And I was discouraged. But My doc told me not to be discouraged, that I was doing great....The pain was pretty bad... on a scale of 0-10... I was at about 23! After that I was woozy...and wasn't sure which way was up... I got laid back down and then Deb came back to visit for a little but, but I was so sleepy. But is was soooo good to see her.

Today PT came in early and told me they would be back around 1:00 p.m. and that before they got here I needed to be edge sitting... sitting on the edge of the bed...so that my lightheadedness wouldn't be so bad. So I sat up around 12:45... and PT came a little after 1 and I walked... not very far ... dad guestimates about 20 feet total... with the use of a walker... I think I could have gone a little further, but I did get a little light headed and did not want to fall on top of anyone...so I said, time to turn around. I now have been given permission to edge sit as much as I want to..and to get myself back and forth to the commode as needed... (2 false alarms so far....)

That little walk and knowing I can get up and down a little... makes me feel a little better...less like a hostage....Mom and dad say I look better today... that my color is good and that even though my hair is askew... I look good... Of course, they are just trying to keep my spirits up! So while my modesty may be out the window... all of ya'lls positive thoughts and energy are here with me... and I feel them...

Love you all.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Its awesome that you are using your walker. Every day is more progress. Keep going Kim!

xoxo
Jason

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Great to hear that you are feeling better everyday! Don't worry about the whole modesty thing...you may as well get that out of the way before you have any babies! Love ya lots and see you in about a month! :) Say hi to the folks for me...

Jill

Anonymous said...

thanks for the birthday wishes and glad you feel i was useful on the day of surgery even though i eventually bailed. :) i'm thrilled that you like the gift bag. i had so much fun putting it together. does the piggy have a name yet? he better not go as long as sheldon did without a name or else i'll tell you how deathly hallows ends.... love lola

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place