7/28/2007

Game On Baby!!


I am happy to announce that some of you have taken the "Pimp My Walker" competition seriously! Today two competitors stopped in to add some flare to my walker. This is Sue and Kris with my decorated walker. Of course they could use my walker as parallel bars because they are not quite as tall as I am. ;-) They added silk flowers to the left and right sides, wrapped ribbon around the top bar of the walker that says SMILE... and hung some really cute flowers from the lower front bar next to the piggy from Lola! So I am looking good as I strut my stuff. They took a picture of me using the newly decorated walker, but I thought featuring them was better! By the way ladies, I hope the concert was AWESOME! Thanks for stopping by and adding some sunshine to my day! As for the rest of you... the competition bar has been set pretty high! Anyone else gonna enter the competion? or have the gardening fairies won?

I also wanted to post a picture of my CPM machine...since some of you have asked what it looks like. For some reason posting pictures on here today is proving difficult. I tried blogging earlier but it wouldn't let me post pics, so I waited until now... and was able to get the pic above on, but now it is giving me error messages... soooo... next time I will post pics of the CPM machine. Anyway...


Today was a good day. I tested my independence and made some brownies...even did the dishes afterwards. Things went well, but it was tiring, mostly because of the humidity...ICK... We did have a small thunderstorm here today that helped alleviate some of the stickiness, but could use another one. I felt pretty good energy wise today, though I did take an afternoon nap. Mom and Dad were sleepy today too, I think the heat was getting to all of us. Joleen came by after my nap and brought me abag filled with sweets! Thanks chickie! The back of my leg, where the incision is, all the way down my calf, was a little red today, but it did not feel hot. We think maybe my stylish stockings caused a bit of a heat rash. I hope that's all it is. I also used my crutches a little today to try to make myself put a little more weight on my leg. It is nice to be able to switch between the walker and the crutches to give my arms and hands a break.

Sorry this is short tonight, friends...and perhaps a bit scattered. Not being able to post pics the way I want to has frazzled me a bit. I will try ot write more tomorrow. Night!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place