7/22/2007

I wanted to be grumpy today...


Yep... I woke up this morning and decided I was going to be grumpy. I had crazy dreams last night...vivid dreams...though I can not remember the details I did not like them. I felt like people were constantly seeking me for something. In my dreams just as someone would go to grap me, I was wokem up here with someone wanting my vital signs... it was crazy how my dreams overlapped like that with real life. So I woke up tired...and decided I was going to be tired all day...and grumpy. Like that book, Alexander and the No Good Very Bad Day, where the kids sees everything as a sign of a bad day... but as the day has progressed... I have decided that I am not grumpy.. Yes I am tired, and have a little of that silly laughter that comes along with it. Mom has been trying to kill my dad and I with poisonous gas...and it makes me laugh. Just typing about it makes me laugh. Mom is tired too and between the two of us, Dad is shaking his head. Mom just asked dad if there was any score on the game and I cried from laughing so hard.... how crazy is that? Crazy...

The picture above is one I just took of the arrangement that Debbie gave me... isn't it purty? It is very nice...sunflowers, roses and lillies... I have gotten a lot of comments on them. They brighten my days here! I am not sure if they will wilt too much before getting them home, but they are gorgeous. What's not so gorgeous is my knee... Here it is:


I know you can't see it very well, and that is a good thing, but this is it. I am posting it to show you all and also to help myself get used to what's underneath there. I haven't thought as much about the one behind my knee. My leg is swollen... like huge... like someone pulled the rip cord on one of those emergency rafts and WHOOSH... HUGE raft..shaped like Kim's leg... although I can say that I don't want anyone sitting on my leg as if it was a raft. No thanks.

Ok.. to the important stuff. I saw Dr. McDreamy this morning. He is cute...did I tell you that? I asked him about that damn machine and he said that even if I had the machine my doctor would not let me go home. He said that my doc is VERY protective of his patients...especially the ones with PVNS and that he will want to discharge me himself.....So... I guess this one in a million role has some responsibilities that go along with it. They should stop reinforcing this mentality of how special I am... you all know I already know that! Ha!

Also... I have to give a big HUG to a woman here named SUE. She is not aware of my blog, but she deserves mentioining. She has arranged it so that the machine I have been using here, the CPM machine...is going home with me! Not sure how it will all work out.. but it's going with me!!! So tomorrow I am going home Baby! I'm going home... I'm going home...(you can't see me, but I'm dancing... well sitting down moving my hips to the extent that I can.) So for a grumpy Lady... I am pretty damn happy!

3 comments:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

I'll give you a call this afternoon...I'm glad that McDreamy was already there today ;)....talk soon...

Anonymous said...

well ride that inflatable life raft all the way to full recovery, baby. ride, baby, ride! and please, do go home. just git! i know you'll miss the jello but please blow that clam bake. if you're comfortable flashing your hiney, i know it's driving you insane. :)

and by the way, i grilled some tofu on the bar-B last night. for real. don't get me started.

love, lola

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you back home!!!!!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place