7/25/2007

Day 8...post op

Not counting the day of the surgery...I have been recovering for 8 days. Wow... doesn't seem possible. Today I feel like I made some gains. I waited longer to take pain meds and was able to bear more weight on my leg. I even stood with my walker and took my hands off it for a minute...couldn't do it for extended periods of time, but maybe soon. PT came to my house today, it was nice. She has never worked with someone with these kind of incisions andagreed that the back one is nasty. She says I am strong though and to keep up with the exercises. Istayed awakeall day too... no nap... though tonight I am tired and think I will fall asleep early.

I got a nice email from a woman today who was thankful for my blog because she felt she found someone's story to whom shecould relate. That really made my day...not that she is feeling pain, but that she knows she is not alone. Thanks R.

There are a lot of things about this journey that have made me feel old... the walker, the raised toilet seat, all the other patients in my wing were like 90, the sllllloooooowwwwwww pace at which I have to walk... but I guess it is all good. My parents have been working hard around my house. Cleaning things out for me that I probably would have done as part of spring cleaning, but just didn't have the energy to do... Thanks mom and dad!

I am not posting any pics today of the incisions...but will post more as thelittle bandages come off and more of the scar is visible. I am sure that will make you all happy. I talked with Lola today and she thinks the incisions are gross! especially the one on the back. I agree... mom says I have been attacked by Zorro...

I do have to say that Lola's ideas about pimping my walker are great... although I think the stripper pole goes a little too far. I do think a horn is a good idea. Right nowI have a little piggy hangingfrom the front...bought by Lola... I will take a picture of it sometime and show it to you...maybe after I get some more decorations added to it.

Today I think I can actually see myself being able to do some things on my own - and think that I would get tired, but that when mom and dad head home I will be okay... with a little help from my friends of course.

The PT today told me to not be too optimistic about returning to work without crutches. She said it is possible, but does not want me to get my hopes up and be disappointed... we'll see. I am pretty determined, but also want to heal properly...

Oh friends... I am beat... Hope you all are well... Turning in for the night.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place