7/23/2007

I did leave the building...

Hey bloggers...

Thanks for Lola for updating ya'll. I am home...glad to be here. I have to say that I was surprosed when I came home... a couple of great garden fairies had weeded my flower garden and arranged things on my back deck so that I can use it.... not to mention that my cats all looked happy and healthy..... a HUGE HUGE Thanks to Suellen for all the cat care and for Suellen and Kris for the garden work... I felt very welcomed when I got here.

I am exhausted my friends...exhausted. I didn't think I would have the energy to say hey, so asked Lola to help me out. THanks Chickie! I think today was maybe the most tiring and emotional day so far. This morning mom came to the hospital early because I was breaking out...dad was to be waiting by the phone for when we needed our getaway ride. So mom and I had some time to ourselves. Nothing was different, really... she helped me get into my CPM machine and afterwards I started crying...not like upset cry... the kind of really hot, quiet tears that come fast and run down your face. The surgery is over...the 4-5 nodular tumorlike things have been removed...and it wasn't cancer. I had no real reason to think that it was cancer. The doctors I talked to said it was not cancer...but to be honest folks... I was afraid that I was going to wake up in recovery to learn that I had a huge cancerous tumor... irrational? Maybe. So today... as I was in my CPM machine at Brigham's I cried...relieved that this is what was expected...For a one in a million condition things have been 'by the textbook' so to speak. By the way... the fact that I have the nodular kind of PVNS, not the diffuse kind... I think that means that I am 3 in a million, not 1. It also means that I have the kind that is less likely to recur. YAHOO. Yahoo... YAHOO!!! So this means, that I may actually...someday in the not too distant future...know what it is like to not have pain in that knee.... it is a concept that is hard for me to grasp..and one I am nervous about hoping for.

Getting home was good... it has been hard trying to adjust to the furniture here compared to the hospital...the chairs here are lower than the ones I had there.. and I am getting into the opposite side of the bed than I was before...so I am training different muscles. My leg is swollen tonight...like the blimp... sure wish it felt like it could fly... it feels heavy. My cats seem happy to have me home. Tess curled up with me pretty quickly when I tried to have a nap. Stella has not gone too far from me, and Sheldon has been very affectionate. Lucy...is a little freaked out... by the walker... oh yeah.. which brings me to my big announcement....


(Clearing my throat here to yell loudly!) I announce the first competition of its kind... and hopefully the last...You are invited to join in the PIMP MY WALKER competition. I need to add some character to this thing... it's so... metally... so far, the only thing pimping my walker is a canvas bag I have hung over it so that I can transport some things myself. Any/all ideas/suggestions will be taken into account! Come on people... get creative! (For the record...there are no wheels on this beauty!)

Anyway folks... I have more to share, but need to sleep...a big big thanks to my parents for getting my butt to Boston and bringing it back...and getting me all situated at home. Love you guys!!!

Tomorrow blog buddies... I will post pics of the incisions... I have yet to fully see the one on the back...can't lift my leg to get the right angle.... so I need a pic to see it for myself...and to show others with PVNS...

Night

2 comments:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Happy to hear that you are back home...I will give you a few days to rest up and then I will call and chat a bit. The worst is behind you. :) Take care and talk soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

i'd love to pimp your ride. how about you get a bicycle horn for starters and those cute little bicycle streamers. you could slap a bumper sticker on it (or on your butt, but we've gone there already, haven't we?). you could dangle a small wind chime or duct tape a ziploc bag full of water and buy a goldfish for it. you could tie a chain of tin cans on it like those "just married" cars. you could add extra shocks that move to the beat of the music and how about a stipper pole right down the center?

i'm ready for whatever craziness you're dishin' out!

love, lola

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place