7/08/2007

In Vain?

I was just writing my blog...about cleaning my apartment, about my cats shedding too much...about my gal pal Sara being gone on a business trip...about the humidity....and about me having to stop taking any OTC meds like aspirin that could thin my blood. Then my phone rang... which mde me scrap all the stuff I had written....

My friend, Sara, who I had just typed about, just called. Unfortunately she had some sad news to share. One of her friends called Sara to let her know that the husband of another friend was killed in Iraq by a roadside bomb. Husband, father of three kids under the age of five...killed for this war. It's so frustrating...yes, he will be honored as a hero, but he shouldn't have died...because we shouldn't be there. I don't want to get to political, but when is Bush going to say enough is enough? This man, who I have never met, was already a hero to his family...and sacrificed his life...for what... for George Bush??? What a legacy this president is leaving behind. This man wanted to serve his country...he did so...

I support the troops, but can not support this war.

Bring them home...

Many many people dislike Rosie O'Donnel...I am not one of them, but I respect that, but like her or dislike her, she has a lot of accurate information about this war. I like Rosie, like that she speaks up, like that she has a strong voice. I visit her blog regularly and am thankful that she is sharing the information she is sharing... http://www.rosie.com/ is her website. The issues pertaining to Iraq that she has on her site should not be ignored because of who she is...

Support the troops....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place