7/21/2007

There's no place like home.... There's no place like...



I am ready to come home...I even have the ok from the docs...but the hitch is the insurance company. They have yet to approve a piece of equipment I need to use every day... for three hours... so I can't leave until I make sure I have one to use at home... But my physical therapy place may have one... so I wonder if I could go there until the insurance company once again gets it proverbial head out of its ass. So... they approve the surgery... but not the equipment afterwards... the woman I spoke with yesterday said that PVNS was not on their list of "approved" conditions that require a CPM machine... Crackheads!

We'll see what I can figure out here. It would be good to go home...today.. now... but... I am trying to be patient. I do feel ready to go home...today they taught me how to give myself injections for a drug that I won't be taking when I get home. Right after I shot myself in the belly, my nurse came back in and said that the doctor had changed what I will be taking. Oh well.

Bright and early this morning my very own McDreamy arrived to check my incision... ahhhh... cute...smart...gentle...with a sense of humor...and did I mention cute? He looked at my incision and said it looks good... no blood... I told him it may look good to him, but that I was disappointed that I can no longer be a leg model. He laughed...we bantered... and he told me to run a marathon today... funny guy this McDreamy. I did not do any running, but I walked...around the wing, which is not very big...but it took some time... and energy. I did that twice... the pain is there, for sure... being controlled by some strong medication. Though while my leg is at rest, I would say that the pain is less than what it was at rest on many days pre-surgery... so that is good. It makes me feel like it is already worth it.

I did see the incisions today... umm.... YUCK. the front one is higher than I thought it would be. They did have to cut into my calf muscle... and I am afraid of having a leg cramp there.. that would...perhaps kill me.

I have talked to a few of you on the phone and it has been nice to do so... it has been great to read that you are also following the blog...I appreciate that. Jill... I am not sure if this has prepared me for having babies...not that that is in my near future anyway... but at least I do know that staying at a hospital isn't toxic. Even when modesty is gone.

I must say that the nurses here and the PCAs are great...very friendly. My height is a topic of conversation for the masses, but in such a positive way. The people here have been pleasant.. mom and dad have even survived in the big city.

My official release date is Monday... unless I can finagle something tomorrow... or steal a CPM machine...which would be hard to do since 1- I couldn't carry it, and use a walker... and B - would be easy to identify in a line up.

I'll keep you posted! Can't wait to get home and see everyone!

2 comments:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Hey-
Sorry I haven't called you at the hospital...didn't want to interrupt a nap or anything important(such as a "McDreamy Consultation"). I will call you after you get home and get settled in. Let me know if you need bail money for stealing the CPM machine - I'm sure the insurance company wouldn't cover that either! ;) Talk to you soon...

Anonymous said...

you're making me laugh and that's a good sign! so jealous that you have a mcdreamy. and you cracked me up when you said a leg cramp would kill you. even without having had leg surgeries, leg cramps are deadly.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place