7/10/2007

Cat comfort

Yesterday was a bad day...I ended up taking a long nap...surrounded by my cats. All of them stayed extra close to me yesterday and through the night...and today Sheldon apparently thinks he still needs to take care of me. He won't leave me alone. If I get up to walk into the kitchen, he is there...it is comforting.

I played some phone tag this morning with the doctor's office. I was told my dr.'s office here had left a message for the woman in charge at my Boston dr.'s office. I then got a call from the woman in Boston, we'll call her Babs, and she said she still had no referral from my local dr. and that she had tried to call their office, but the number left for her was wrong. I gave her the correct number as well as some of the history of all the hoops I have gone through...she said, "Don't worry honey, I'll take care of it." (Babs has kind of a gruff voice with kind of a Brooklyn accent...reminds me of someone who would be a tough cab driver smoking a cigarette asking, "Where ya wanna go honey?") She called me back minutes later and said that she told the person who answered the phone she needed to speak with the office manager about an emergency. Babs apparently told the office manager that enough was enough, that I had been in tears about this. (Apparently the office manager, to whom I cried yesterday, was surprised I was so upset! Yeah RIGHT!) The office manager had faxed the referral to the wrong number. So.... apparently they are taking care of it all. Thank goodness... Oh...and I got in touch with a rehab nurse to start planning for post surgery...I may have to have visiting nurses come in to check my blood after surgery, and may have a physical therapist come to me instead of me going to them for a couple of weeks. That sounds good, but it might be nice to get out of the house a little. We'll see. She was also going to call a local medical supply store to get info and to order items and deliver them to my house after I get home. So... I guess this is really happening.

I had physical therapy today...came home and looked over some of the paperwork I have to take with me to Boston...living will...who gets to make medical decisions if I can't... fun stuff.

My mood is better today, but I have that groggy/foggy feeling after a day of crying. I want to give a special shout out to a couple of friends... Debbie - who was very supportive when she happened to call whenI was crying... and Craig...who graciously accepted my refusal of a dinner invitation because I was not feeling sociable. I have great people...who Ican be so honest with... I told Craig exactly what I was feeling... I am lucky that I don't feel like I need to make excuses or do things I don't feel like doing with my friends. Love you all! Deb - I am sooo looking forward to those Wings tonight!! YUMMMMMMMM! (No Hell Fire wings though! I learned my lesson!)

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place