7/13/2007

Crazy Days of Summer...are Here

Last night Sara, Melissa, "Tobes," and I went to an outdoor concert in Portland. The weather was PERFECT for it. This pic was taken as I looked up into the sky... the sky was so blue with only a few clouds, and the clouds were so whispy it was beautiful. The bands that were at the show were Jason Spooner and Carbonleaf. [Maybe it is Carobon Leaf...] Both bands were AWESOME. The second group was from VA and commented that the people of Maine have to fit a year full of outdoor activities into the three months of summer. How True! Yeah, I know there are winter activities, like skiing, but I prefer the summer activities... like concerts...that are outside... Sara and I met up with Meliss and Tobes. When we got there they were already dancing. It was so cute. Tobes was on Melissa's shoulders and he was dancing... arms going and smiling... too cute. He is about 15 months old and was so well behaved the entire time. He loved the music and playing with other kids. He also had some fun moments with a balloon...pictured here. (I have some much better pics of Melissa and Tobes, but...I didn't want to post the pics that could be used for you crazy folks to identify them...but trust me they are CUTE!!)

This is my friend Sara! (The one who is going with me to Boston for my surgery...who went with me to Boston to the first appt. down there... who makes me laugh so hard...who I love like a sister!) After the show Meliss and Tobes headed home as it was close to bed time for the little man. Sara and I then headed into town and hit a couple of our favorite places. At our second stop we ended up talking to a woman who was seated at a table next to us. She is a teacher during the school year and is a crew member of a lobsterboat, the one I had taken my nephew on, in the summer. I told her how much we had enjoyed the trip and how great the Captain had done. Well...he was there also... Captain Tom... As Sara and I were leaving I got a chance to talk to Captain Tom... He remembered me...though I am not sure how...since people never remember me the 6'6" tall woman...wink wink...I told him how much my nephew and I both enjoyed the trip. He thought that I was from "away" and was surprised I was still in town. I explained that I was a local and that my nephew was from away. He thought it was cool that I had taken my nephew for a few days without his brothers... We talked for a while... and he said I am a pretty cool Aunt... well Captain Tom... you are a pretty cool captain... I wonder if he needs another crew member...Maybe next summer I will see if I can get hooked up with that job. Sorry... I got distracted by Capt. Tom... Back to Sara...
Sara and I had a great time. And it was a perfect night to dine outside. It was nice to sit down for after the concert... actually I had to sit down during the concert because of my knee...but I lasted for part of it....thought I am paying for it today. I love seeing Sara listening to live music... a different part of her comes alive and it's beautiful. She has a happiness about her...freedom I think. I love music too and thanks to Sara I have become familiar with groups that I now listen to regularly. She is my music guru... though, to her chagrin... am I using that term correctly... oh well.... to her chagrin I still listen to Bette Midler and Billy Joel.
The free concerts in Portland happen throughout the rest of the summer. I hope that I will feel up to getting to at least one more before summer is over. (Though next time... I will bring a chair!) Rock On!!!
4 days until surgery.....well... three days and a wake up......
I'm not scared... well...maybe a little...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think i forgot to sign my last comment about HP. oops! it was me, lola.

what is this i hear about sara dissin' on billy and bette? them's fightin' words.

i had a dream about you the night before last. we were sitting side by side in chairs outside. it was a close up on your face looking at me (i wasn't pictured in my own dream at all). but it was you. in close up. talking out loud about should you go through with the surgery or not? you were having cold feet. you were wondering if you were doing the right thing.

and in my typical fashion i said, well you shouldn't be afraid to back out. do what's best for you, but do it soon. i'm getting ready to head to boston! :)

of course, i don't believe you're going to change your mind about the surgery but i think it was the universe's way of sending me some of your nerves. taking them off you and allowing me to hold them and care for them until you need them again.

i'll take whatever load i can!

--lola

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place