7/09/2007

Health Insurance

Ok... so I am not in a good frame of mind right now.... Last week while I was camping I had contacted my primary physician's office, when mom and I went to town for some groceries, to see if the referral for the surgery had been approved... I was told, yep, all set. I was relieved...wow... it went off without a hitch... Too good to be true?? Apparently.

I called my insurance company today...just to put my mind at ease that everything was taken care of... they had nothing about an inpatient surgery. They had approvals for doctor's visits, but not the surgery... that is ONE WEEK away!

Let's just say that I am in freak out mode! I was dumbfounded.... started crying on the phone with the insurance lady.... then immediately called my doctor's office and spoke to the office manager...again.... and she did not understand why the insurance company had no record of it... so the insurance company says it is the dr.'s office...the dr's office says it's the insurance co. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... I broke down on the phone with the office manager too.... I hate this... It's not like I WANT this surgery... I have to have it...and to have to fight so hard for it.... pisses me off!

The office manager was sympathetic and I appreciated that.... she said she will call me as soon as she figures out what is going on....so I will be waiting by the phone.... I am so mad...and still crying..

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place