7/10/2007

Laughter

This is a picture of a mechanical bubble blower owned by one of my friends... yeah... the bubbles are being blown by his bum...Bear with me... it fits with this blog's topic...
I had dinner tonight with my friend Debbie, who I mentioned in an earlier blog. There is so much about her that I love... her heart is about as big as they come. We talked about my surgery and about the big events in her life... She and her husband are in the process of having a house built...while exciting it is also stressful. It was so good to see Deb. While we do not see each other as often as we may see other people, our friendship is still strong. Debbie and I can laugh together....hard. When 'Little Miss Sunshine' came out in theaters we went and laughed so hard we cried. I love that movie...because it is a great movie, but also because we had so much fun going to see it together.
Tonight much of our laughter involved me being the "butt" of our jokes. We talked about my surgery and some of the possible/probable embarrassing moments that could happen. My surgery in March was very different than this one will be... I was able to wear shorts under my johnny throughout the procedure. This time... I will not have that luxury. Yep..I will be naked under the johnny... and well... that brings up a lot of things to discuss... funny things. Besides.. you gotta laugh. I know most of my friends will not be offended by the sick humor here, but I hope I don't offend anyone. So... one of the things that we talked about...how many people will see my shiny hiny....(How do you spell hiny?? hiney??) I had not given it much thought until recently...someone reminded me that the hospital I will be at is a teaching hospital and asked if I knew how many people will be involved in the surgery... hmmmm....suddenly images of the show 'Grey's Anatomy' flashed into my head... An operating room that has an observation deck...above the OR so that the students can observe and look down over the surgeons.... Hmmm... so I suddenly had this image of me...after having been turned over onto my stomach...face down on the table... johnny WIDE open and my butt....there for the world to see...ahhhh.... so Debbie and I were talking about it and thought perhaps I should write a message on my butt to see if anyone does get a glimpse...or more accurately, a panoramic view... We thought about... For a good time call...(there would be room here for international numbers).... Advertise your business here...or... what are you looking at? Okay, I just thought of that last one, butt you get the idea. We also talked about other things...however I think you would have had to have been there to fully appreciate it.

On a more serious note, Debbie did put some of my fears to rest... she told me that her epidural did not hurt and that having a catheter isn't bad. AND... She is going to come to see me in Boston! I am so impressed with that. I think another one of my friends is planning to come down too.... wow... how cool are my friends?

When stressed it is so good to laugh...laugh hard...and we did that tonight. It was good, really good therapy for me. Thanks Deb! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still pissing my pants laughing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK--this warrants a response! i'm totally FOR writing a message across your butt. it would be a riot if only for the surgeons/nurses. can one write on one's own a** or does one require help from another smart a**?

oh, lola! lola is so funny.

gotta go grill some tofu on the barb-ee, don't get me started! (tribute to ross the intern)

love ya, your sistah, Lola

TallGal said...

LoLa... Let's just say that after sharing this conversation...about my butt.... I had someone offer to help me out.... though I can't reveal who...

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place