7/29/2007

A Few Big Steps...

Today was a big day. The first big deal was that I was able to get both legs into the shower at the same time! Yahoo! Perhaps this does not seem like a big deal, but let me tell you... the shower set up I have right now involves two chairs...one outside of the tub and one inside. I have been sitting in the one on the outside and carefully transitioning to the inside one. I have then been trying to get my left leg, the one that had surgery into the tub as well. Until today my leg was not bending far enough on my own to get it into the tub...my tub/shower is pretty standard size, but get a chair in there AND try to swing my long leg into it without bending...difficult.. but I did it today!!!!! yahoo!!!!

I also went 12 hours without pain meds... 12 hours people, come on...that's pretty good. I also got my CPM machine up to 90 degrees today! 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90!!!!! I think having less humidity today helped. And... hold onto your seats..this one is the best...

I left my apartment! Yep. Using my crutches I went down my porch stairs and 'walked' down part of my driveway to look at my gladiolias then walked back and came up the stairs! WOW... it felt great. Makes me think that there will be adventures in my future that do not involve walkers, cats, and television!

I feel good! It must mean that the people taking care of me are kicking ass! That inludes people here and away who are keeping my spirits up!

My Mom is still here and most likely will be here throughout most of the week. (I may have her do a blog one day this week!) Dad headed north today to get some things done. They have been away from the house for two weeks, today, and he wanted to check on things and get the lawn mowed etc. He did a lot here to help me out, for sure! Thanks Dad. I am so thankful that he and mom have been with me for this. My cats are going to miss my dad... he plays with them... or maybe I should say, harasses them throughout the day... it's good for them, and for him. Dad is someone who needs ot be outside. Around here it is hard for him to do that because I live in a more urban area than what he and mom are used to...plus the humidity the last few days made it hard to want to explore anything. Dad will drive back down whenever Mom decides I will be ok here by myself. Like we said today, I think I would be ok here by myself right now, but it would be hard. I also think that it would be very easy for me to have a "useless" feeling day and not get out of bed...having someone here right now is helpful...physically and emotionally.

Also wanted to say Happy Anniversay to my sistah and her hubby! Eleven years! Congrats you two! She may be heading up this way with my nephews one day this weekend so that my parents can see the boys and the boys can see them. I am trying to think of a way that I could get to the beach because I would love mom and dad to see the boys at the beach...they have so much fun!

One day at a time.... right? Today was a good one!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place