7/16/2007

I'm here....

This is the view from our hotel room... FENWAY PARK... There is a game going on right now and we can hear the cheering fans... talk about irony... we are this close...and the tv in our hotel room does not have the channel that broadcasts the games... we can go to the restaurant, but not in our rooms. NUTS...

Anyway... I did not sleep last night...well not much anyway. Seems like that is my pattern lately... no sleep. I do know I will have a good snooze tomorrow with the anesthesia and all... Maybe I will just stay awake tonight... listening to Phil and Sara snore. :-) I love you Phil and Sara... even if you do snore.

I had my MRI today... and it sucked. Having to keep my knee in the same position for a long period of time is so painful. I cried during the MRI... felt a little stupid, but geesh... it was sharp pain, lasting for a long time. At one point I begged them to tell me how much more I had to take and they said 20 more minutes.... I really wondered if I was going to just tell them to stop and that whatever pics they had would have to be enough. They felt bad for me and was surprised that I was in pain. After that, it takes me a while to be able to walk normally, well, as normally as I can. I guess that is a good way for me to know that it is time for surgery... I tried to not cry when I saw mom and dad after the MRI...but I did. Sis met up with us just before I went in for the MRI. She got lost coming to Boston and apparently almost hit two pedestrians. Key word being almost...

So.... I can't believe it...but I am not sure what to say... mom just said that maybe this is my last night sleeping with my bad knee.... true.... I am sure that there is pain ahead... lots of pain through the recovery... but... it will hopefully be pain with a purpose... recovery.

Thanks to you all... thanks seems like such a minute expression of how I feel for what everyone has done... I am blessed..... I know I will be okay...

I may have my sister do a blog tomorrow post surgery if she feels comfortable doing so...just to let people know what is going on... and for those of you who are curious.... I left the sharpie at home...Sara was disappointed.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Dear Kim:
Sara just called to say that your surgery went well. She is a terrific person! I know you are sore now and trying to recover. Hang in there Kim! Im proud of you for getting through this! Its remarkable. If you have a phone number please let me know what it is. I will send you an email at your account too!

xoxox
Jason

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place