9/29/2007

Weak - end


I am glad it is the weekend.... I had a hard day with my knee yesterday and it was frustrating. I went to work about an hour later than I usually do...so I missed a half an hour of teaching. I woke up and my knee was stiff and I thought, uh-oh... this isn't good. Then I tried to bend it... ouch... tried to straighten it...ouch.. and thought.... well I won't type exactly what I thought, but I was not happy. So I did some heel slides...part of my PT, where I lay on my back and slowly straighten my leg then slowly bend it up as far as I can... usually that helps me a lot and I have been able to get up and get going. Not so yesterday... after the heel slides My knee hurt...the first real pain I have felt in a while... and I knew it was going to be hard to get going. I actually had to use a crutch to get from my bedroom to the bathroom, which I had not done in a while. So after hobbling to the bathroom, I was worried about getting into the shower. Geesh... I ahve not had to think about all of these tasks for some time. Step by step.... but I got through it... being frustrated and in some pain....... I am feeling weak this weekend. But I will say that today is better than yesterday and I am considering going to the beach...because it is so nice out....and before I know it, snow will be flying...yuck. I will remember to take my camera with me today so I can post some pictures later of where I go... Or maybe I will just go to a coffee shop and read...even though I don't drink coffee... it would be getting out and would get me away from doing some school work, that I need and want to do. So I am going to sign off for now, go take a really long hot shower...to try to help the knee losen up a little more... and then get out of here for a while.
By the way... I went out on a date this week... and well... let's just say that sometimes the dating pool seems really shallow.... Geesh! Oh well... at least I got my first date while using a crutch behind me...

The picture above is of the new guinea impatients I have out back. The color is really pretty.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place