9/26/2007

Splat!!!

I pictured myself like this bug...splatted on a window.... why would I think such things? Well because yesterday at PT they told me today I would start walking on the treadmill, BACKWARDS..... The treadmill is located right across this little office where PTs go to enter info into computers and there are also some people there who are office staff who are there most of the time. There are six large windows that are in the wall between this office and the gym area of the PT place. If one was normally walking on the treadmill, the office people would be watching the person's behind...and the direction of the track on the treadmill goes towards the office... so... I figured that having to walk facing the office so I could walk backwards, might have a bad outcome... I thought perhaps I should get shot of the back of that thing and would go SPLAT on the windows and slowly slide down the glass...like a bug on a windshield....that is if I didn't go through the glass... .but maybe it is safety glass. So... I figured I would be a bug on a windshield before the day was over. I told my students about this impending dangerous act and one student looked at me and simply said... have them turn the treadmill around!!! Then later, he randomly laughed while working and asked if there was any way this event could be videotaped... he offered money....

I was scared... but they started me out on the bike today... So while I pedaled the bike for 12 minutes, I stared at the treadmill, which was occupied at the time...and tried to send the machine messages...be good to me treadmill....don't throw me off treadmill...you are a good treadmill, treadmill....I won't hurt you, I promise, treadmill.....then I did some of my other exercises and then it was time. (insert dramatic ominous musical: dunt dunt duhhhhhhh...)

I got to start going forward... ok... doing well... I was able to increase speed as I felt safe to do so...but they wouldn't let me go higher than 1.3... which is slow people... I know... but they didn't want me to fall, and wanted me to have good walking form.... and after five minutes of that... I was tired... but I liked it... next up.....BACKWARDS. I turned around...and the PT person was pushing buttons and said ok.. i will tell you when it is going to start... eek.... I decided to put my feet on the sides of the treadmill as the belt started moving then 'jump' on there...and I did... it was WEIRD!... but I did it... for a whole... are you ready for this? a whole TWO minutes! Yay Me!!! Then I did some other exercises and then my mini squats...and let me tell you... my quad muscle was tired... T-I-R-E-D tired.... and almost gave out on me a couple times. But I did it... now I am icing it...and have a feeling it will be sore and tired tomorrow. We'll see.

Other than that... it was a good day... ate well...just had a ceaser salad..... but I gotta say I am craving my sugar....just say no...just say no..... I can do it... I always told my mom... it's not the willpower I don't have.... it's the WON'T power that I need... Anyway....

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

It sounds like your knee is SO much better. That's great! Sorry I missed your call the other day. Hopefully we'll get in touch soon...glad to hear you're doing better. =o)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place