9/09/2007

Preparing for another week

Tomorrow starts week two of school with the kids. I was able to get some work done this weekend, though I did not plan very far ahead. This week the kids have some schoolwide standardized testing which will mess with our schedule. Who would think that the second week of school would be the time to mess with kids schedules....oh well. So I think this week will be a good one, but I think I will have a lot of work to do in the evenings.

It was an interesting weekend. I wrote a little about my adventures which I am happy to share, but I was thinking about how happy I am to be having adventures. When Sara and I went to our favorite spots on Thursday...that was the first time I had been out...besides going to people's houses or out to a restaurant for lunch...I was out, just to hang out...just to realax and have fun. Perhaps I pushed myself a little hard, staying out late and doing so much walking, but I feel good...and my spirits are higher than they have been in a while. Today I did laundry, myself...up and down the stairs several times...and I survived. I also changed the sheets on my bed and did some other household chores. So does this mean I am getting back to normal? Not yet... although I will say that a couplle of times this weekend, when I got up to do something I forgot I needed crutches...but on the flip side of that, I had other moments when I didn't think I could get going without a crutch...but I still see it as progress. I have PT three times this week...THREE times... yikes... Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday... eek...I hope to get some more time in on the bike...with complete revolutions...and hope to get my leg to straighten more.

I am trying to figure out how to get up to visit my grandmother too...one of the upcoming weekends. I look forward to it, but gotta try to figure out which weekend to do it, based on what's going on at school. This week we have open house...an evening thing where we meet and greet parents. I am debating on whether or not I should go...I am restricted to 6.5 hours a day and the open house would exceed that time, however, I feel it is important to be there to meet parents. Maybe I will wait and see how my knee holds up and let that determine it.

So... I hope you all have a great week...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place