2/02/2008

What a day.



Ahhh... I am home... and trying to unwind a little before hitting the hay. Today was a great day..in so many ways. The track meets went very well... lots of sucesses. The boys team did incredibly well... and the girls team had a great day too. As a coach I am very proud of them. I hope to get some of the pictures from the meet to post...

I got a couple of presents today. One truly surprised me... it was from one of the captains... the one that frustrates me so much... she gave me a gift for our championship meet, a nice candle... and with it came a nice note. Interesting. I also got another gift from two of my other girls...a picture of the two of them... in the picture they are wearing headbands... the kind that are designed to prevent sweat from getting into your eyes when you do sports... the thick elastic/terrycloth kind... like this:
which they decided was their signature style for when they throw the shot put. Well... in honor of this meet.. the championship... they got new headbands.. all white... and on them.. they each spelled out their name with black letters... AND... they made one for me... and I wore it... while they were throwing. The other coaches immediately knew from whom I had received such an awesome gift... and I think they were jealous... There are some good pictures that were taken and I hope get emailed to me soon... At the end of the meet we took a team picture and one of my headband girls had already left, but the other one.. who is very petite...was there... wearing her headband... and told me I needed to put mine on too... so I did. And we took pictures with me giving her a piggy back ride... so that we could be together in the picture.... since she's so short I would have had to be in the front and that wouldn't have worked, so I gave her a piggy back... can't wait to see that!

I also got other gifts today... but not anything I could put my hands on... lots of kids expressed gratitude for me being their coach... some parents thanked me... and it was nice.

I am proud of my kids...very proud. I am tired... VERY tired, but... I feel good.

My knee did okay today... I had to stand around a lot... and it got tired... and I took some Aleve... a lot of Aleve... but I survived... and even though I had to sit down for parts of the day because of my knee... just getting stiff and sore, but... I survived....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place