2/19/2008

Microscope

Do things get bigger when we put them under a microscope... or do we just perceive them as bigger?

That question is not as random as it perhaps seems... though I am not sure I can even explain it here. You have a thought... an idea... a question even... and at first it is simple... then it keeps coming back into your mind and creates other questions... then it has become something significant... and you examine it... and it becomes something..bigger... and the more you examine it... the more you wonder about it...

Anyway...

I am home today... we had our last meet of the season yesterday, for high school. It was good... both teams finished in the top 4 for the state...we had some pretty impressive performances. We didn't have a lot of kids competeing at the meet, but those who were there did really well... I only had one kid in the shot put... so it gave me the chance to watch some other events and I really enjoyed that. I got to see one of our kids compete in the pole vault and she tied her personal record and she was pleased with that. The pole vault is quite an amazing event. The kids must not have any fear. One kid that was there... was amazing.. broke several records... and is able to go higher than most collegieate athletes... it was amazing to see something like that in person.

I was pretty exhausted yesterday... not as much because of the meet, but because I woke up yesterday with my chest feeling like it was on fire. It was a long day. I kept taking some medicine... mucinex... and the kids were giving me a hard time.. because I bought the kid version of it... because I hate taking cold medicine.. because it tastes so horrible... but the kid kind tastes better... AND... there are adult dosages listed on the back. I do feel a little better today.. chest is still tight, but overall I feel ok.. just tired. So I am being lazy. I want to get up to visit my parents, but don't think that it is a great idea if I am sick.. so we'll see what happens.

Oh well... off to rest on the couch.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place