2/20/2008

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans..."

So... yesterday I said I wasn't going to write much about my life...outside of my knee... but I am already going to break that rule. This week has been stressful... VERY stressful... today I got the cherry on top of the sundae of crap... I have mentioned that my mom had not been feeling great. She had been battling a kidney infection along with pneumonia... and just started feeling better... today she got some test results back... and there is a growth in her kidney. As a result, she will have to have surgery... a kidney removed. My head has been swamped with a lot of other things.. and this pretty much reminds me of what's important... and this, of course is the priority.

Today I decided to retreat.. sent emails to a few people who had mentioned the possibility of seeing this week if I was feeling better... and told them what was going on and told them that I was going to just " be" for a while... alone.

Over the years my friends have tried to help me not have that reaction to stress... but at least telling them that I am going ot retreat is better than just retreating with no notice... right?

After crying a lot today... for various reasons... I decided to take a hot shower... and while I was in there my nose started bleeding... which freaked me out... it ended up not being that bad.. but whenever I have any kind of bloody nose I freak... I have been known to have MASSIVE nose bleeds...I haven't had them in a while, but when I had them... they were terrifying... I used to call friends to come be with me because I was afraid I would pass out... but today's was just a minor one... maybe they are stress related?

Please say a prayer for my mom... no matter what your spiritual beliefs... please.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place