2/06/2008

Homework

We had practice early today and since the weather was so bad two of the coaches volunteered to run practice and told me and the other coach to head home. Sweet. So I figured that I would use this time to get some things done... specifically...the homework that is due Monday for my class. Basically I have to write about my ideal school environment without using the word ideal...I have to include how people are treated and how they interact, the core values, and what would be learned... in 500 words. As you may know from my blog, I tend to be a bit verbose... so limiting myself to 500 words while having to describe what such a great school would be like... is proving difficult. It is of course what this place would be....sadly I cannot say that I can use my current job as an example of what I would hope for a school. So that is my task for the evening...I have started it and have about three hundred words so far. Less is more... less is more...right?

Anyway, I did not make it to the gym today...I woke up feeling really tired...and I am trying really hard to listen to my body while pushing my body... it is a hard balance. I need to develop a plan...so that I can keep up with my workouts because I do feel so much better when it is part of my day...but it seems that when something in my day has to give... it usually is the workout. Next week I will have practice for the high school team in the morning, before school...and will have middle school practice after school....so... I am thinking that I will have to work out after middle school practice... because in order to be at the morning practices I would have to get to the gym by like 4:30 a.m. or so... and that is not happening. Getting there at 5:30 is hard enough. So..... this week... I am going to try to go tomorrow morning...if not I will go after school. Friday I will go after school... Saturday I will go in the morning... and Sunday in the afternoon ... Next week... Monday... no gym...then the rest of the week...evenings... then.. I don't know... but I have to get my butt there... my goal of completing a mile on the elliptical machine is set for 2/15... a week from Friday. (Notice the goal is not set for Valentine's Day...I would rather celebrate success on the elliptical on a day not associated with hearts, chocolate, and cherubs...)

Have I mentioned lately... that I am ready for Spring? I am.

No more procrastinating.... back to my homework.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place