2/03/2008

GAME ON!



Today is the day! New England Patriots are playing against some other team in the Superbowl. (Of course I know the other team, but they are not worth mentioning!) I plan on watching the game with some friends, but am worried that I am only going to make it until half time because I am so tired.

Even though I am wiped out I went out to luch today and to the movies. At lunch I ran into a parent of one of my track kids and she asked me what time I got home last night, saying she got home at 9:30 and was exhausted... She then said, I don't know how you guys do it as coaches. That is a nice compliment really...

Then I went to the movies... and saw a movie I had been wanting to see, Untraceable. I had seen the previews and it looked like a suspense, thriller kind of movie. I like that kind of movie. The plot, as is shown in the previews, shows a female FBI agent, Diane Lane, investigates a website that a psycho sets up. The psycho kidnaps people and rigs the site so that the more people who log onto the website the faster the person dies... I really thought it was going ot be more about her search for this psycho and the drama that it would entail... it did... but...well... before you read further...be forewarned that I am going to spoin the movie for you, so if you don't want to know what else happens in he movie you need to not read any further...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................giving people enough time to exit without seeing what's next.

This movie is DISturbing... VERY disturbing. The movie spent more time showing the killings than the investigation... and the murders are sick... the first one... the more viewers the more drug gets pumped into this man... the drug causes blood not to clot and the guy bleeds out... the next guy... even worse... gets burned by bright heat lamps....and the last guy.... basically gets cooked in battery acid... it is very graphic... very graphic.. .I had to look away. The other disturbing part is that millions of people went to the website, knowing that they were assisting in murder... and we live in a society in which we do watch/see so many horrific things online. There is so much online, that can be googled... and it is upsetting. Then the ironic part... the lesson in the movie is that we are sick, as a country, to encourage such things... and here I am sitting in the theater, having paid money to promote it... in a way... eek... Oh yeah... to truly spoil it for you... in the end Diane Lane gets caught... stupidly... gets back into her car after its electric system had been completely disabled by the psycho... in which the psycho is hiding... and she gets kidnapped...and he tries to kill her... and she barely escapes... but she does, and kicks his ass.... Anyway... I can't encourage you to see this movie.

My knee feels okay today, better than I expected it to. :-) that is good news. Maybe all the Aleve helped!

So... just in case you were wondering.. why I would go to lunch and a movie while being so tired before going to a superbowl game? well... it was a date... though I don't think I wanted it to be... this was the third time I have seen this guy and have realized that when it comes to dating... i have a complex about dumping someone who is a nice person, but with whom I just don't match... can I even dump someone who I am not really dating? I don't know........... Because he is a nice guy, I feel mean not wanting to date him... and giving the let's be friends speech seems cruel... he is a nice guy... who is into Sci fi... WAY into sci fi... too into sci fi... so much so that he doesn't watch any sports... ANY... NONE... NADA... and while I do not need someone who is a total sports nut, some sports knowledge is needed... wanted... welcomed... we had a discussion at lunch ... i was talking about coaching yesterday and about all the team pictures that parents were taking... and he said, I don't think I have ever been in a team picture.... that in itself is not a bad thing... but suddenly I realized that he has some characteristics that I need to avoid... neediness... wanting to be accepted.... ahh... and after previous experience with such issues... I'm not interested... not my job to make you feel ok about things... not your cheerleader.... oh forgot no sports references... I am not your.... ummmm.. what is the sci fi equivalent to cheerleader? C3PO? R2D2? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Depth... that's what I want from the dating pool... just a little depth!

Where are the single Teddy Bruschis ... when you need them?

I don't think I can even use the knight in shining armor scenario any more... why? because this guy... would dress up like a knight and do sword fights at renaissance festivals.... a lot.... if given the chance... especially if he could use a light saber... eek... that is a sci fi faux pas... I just looked it up and light saber is one word... lightsaber... see... it would never work!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

uh... does he read your blog? That's one way to let him down easy. lol. Take heart, you don't have to have the same interests to be supportive of one another. I have very little -- if any -- interest in sports. But I can be supportive of my kids and my hubbie as needed. Me and my husband also have VERY different tastes in music. After 10 years together, it just comes down to "oh well". He goes to concerts with his friends instead of me. The thing it's important to have in common is values, humor and day to day compatibility.

That said, if "IT" isn't there, it isn't. Don't settle without that spark. :)

Sorry about the Patriots. I tuned in to the last quarter of the game -- it was pretty nerve-wracking! That was a shame they didn't win.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place