2/19/2008

I called... and they came....


My neighbors started fighting again... loudly... and it sounded more physical this time.. lots of banging... I yelled for them to stop and they didn't. I got nervous, very nervous and called the police. They told me they were on their way. The guy upstairs started walking down the street and I yelled out my window that the cops were on their way... he ignored me and kept walking... I met the first officer in the driveway and pointed my neighbor out... the second cop car arrived and the first cop pointed and the second car went after him... siren going, lights flashing... talked to him then let him keep walking... the first officer came back to me, told me things upstairs were in bad shape... things had been thrown and that it was a bad situation, bad enough to almost warrant arresting both of them... informed me they are breaking up... he had been ordered to leave for an hour and that her mom was coming to pick her up for the night... and that if anything else develops that I should call 911... and that they both could get locked up...

I am glad I called... because I think things were more out of hand than before.. and as the cop said.. domestic situations can spiral pretty quickly... so... no more yelling warnings... just going to dial...

I hope the cops notify my landlord... since he has told me it is my issue to deal with... maybe the cops can talk to him... oh well.. I was and am still a little shaken up. You can bet that my doors wil all be secured tonight... I called mom and she told me to come home.... not a bad offer, but I am still exhausted and I am sure being out in the cold talking to the cops did not help my cold....

Fun vacation so far.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place