2/15/2008

Mission... UN - accomplished


I searched google for a disappointed face... and typed in face in hands... and this is what came up... and it intrigued me so that I had to put it here... it is form a site celled thebestpicever.com. Nice, right? EDITED... UMMMM>.. the picture I chose was NOT the one that appeared on my blog... wow... ummmm the pic that posted was WAY not appropriate... so there is no picture... and you should be relieved... OMG...ok... I think I figured it out.... let's hope... or else my mom is going to kill me.

So why would I want a disappointed face? Because.. I did NOT do a mile on the elliptical machine. I have not given up this goal, but today was not the day. Yesterday I was pretty miserable with my knee... even considered icing it... though I didn't... took Aleve instead. Today it feels better, quite a bit better... but I didn't want to aggrivate it... plus I knew that I needed to shovel the driveway a little tonight after school to reduce some of the ice... thankfully that worked well. I am hoping to return to the gym this weekend, but with no expectations. I will see how I feel when I get there and do it... with no specific goal. we'll see how it goes. I will get to a mile, but not today... I am disappointed because I feel like I have reached the goals I have set for myself in respect to my knee... and I feel my goals have been realistic... so it is disappointing that I am not there yet... yet... gotta remember the yet part...

So there is no S on my chest today... no superwoman here... just me. But... I think I was smart. I do need to listen to my body...even when it is frustrating. I also got my kitchen cleaned up al ittle tonight, so all is not lost. I want to do some things in my kitchen... want to have more counter space... trying to figure out how to do that... tomorrow I am going to go to a store around here that supposedly sells household items that were purchased by people who overestimated their need and are sold cheap... we'll see... I would love to find a small set of kitchen cabinets... See my kitchen is very unique... the sink is in a different room from the stove and fridge... and there are no cupboards near the stove... so I have improvised...and created some shelving and counter space... but it is not ideal. If I can find something cheap I may buy it and see if my landlord would reimburse me... doubtful, but possible. If I can't find anything that is affordable, I have a back up plan... so we'll see how it works out.

I am on vacation! Yahooooooooooooooo! A whole week without teaching... I am ready for that. completely. I do have to coach one day, but the rest of the week is mine... all mine!!! I am hoping to get to see my family for a couple days, but not sure how that will work out.

TGIF...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place